Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 33 ~ Red & Blue Make Purple ~ 9/5/13

Cosmetology School Journal ~ Day 33 ~ Red & Blue Make Purple ~ 9/5/13

Today's Hair
My friend Pam sent me this African Butterfly clip. I just put it in as shown. Nothing fancy yet.


Today was the first of 6-7 days of Hair Color. So I'm basically on my last week of Workshop now.
Next Friday is my last day in the beginning class before moving on to Rehersal. Then it'll be about 2 more weeks until I reach the 350 hours minimum for servicing guests.

A short entry today
Today was the start of Hair Coloring Theory. We did that for the first half of the day.
Lots of theory. :)
I need to learn this this time. I can pass the quiz no problem but I need the practical knowledge to flow from my hands too. I get the color wheel and I understand the levels. It just gets confusing when they have a page with 3 different level scales and I need to know how to mix a color that's going to color the first one the color I'm going for yet not change the other one to something unwanted. Its one of those things where I can see myself doing just fine with it if I were doing it. But I need the colors in a bowl to apply to samples of hair to figure out what's going to happen. Until then its going to scare me. It gives me a braincloud. I was feeling it today. But its not the kind of fear I used to have. I know I'll be fine this time. I can apply it just fine. Or at least the ones I did get to do.

In the afternoon we split up to do color wheel poster boards. I had an idea in mind so I decided to just go ahead and do my own. Inspiration got to me LOL. If I remember I'll get a picture of it tomorrow. Its on the wall in the class room.
After that we went over some more client consultation. And that was it for the day.

Last night I finished the spiral wrap I started at school on Tuesday. So here's the rest of the rods put in.
I brought it today and asked Mrs. J if I did it right since I didn't really catch the whole video while I was wrapping the other day. She said I did a good job.



No comments:

Post a Comment