Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 37 ~ Brushed Copper & Aluminum ~ 9/11/13

Cosmetology School Journal ~ Day 37 ~ Brushed Copper & Aluminum ~ 9/11/13

Hair Today: I put a small red band on my tail. Then I put a red (over the small one), then blue, then yellow scrunchie on at the nape. Then along the length I staggered a red then blue then yellow small band. I was doing the Primary color theme.


Today is September 11th. For that I posted this to FB in the morning
"Good Morning Family
Hugs and Mugs
I will always remember.
Where was I? I was in bed sleeping my life away because I had left school.
I live my life to make the world a better place. I cherish and remember all those who did the same.
We can all do the same together. Love you all  
Try to smile today"

As I was grabbing my keys and such to leave I could not find my wallet. I looked up and down this area where it could have been but it hadn't fallen down and it wasn't in or under my chair. It wasn't in my car. I didn't buy anything yesterday so I had no reason to take it out while at school. The only thing I could figure is that it may have come out when i grabbed my phone from my pocket. Which was scary because I took that walk yesterday to the corner of the shopping center. No one had turned a wallet in at school when I got there. There was a possibility it could have fallen out of my pocket when I crouched down to wipe some water under the shampoo sink. But it could have been picked up along the shopping strip and dropped off at any of those stores too. So I got to school after dropping my niece off late to her school. I was still on time to mine because there's a slight time cushion. So I found out that no one had found a wallet and just went about the day. What could I do? I found it in my under the desk shelf when I got home. I don't know why it was there. I've never put it there. I must have moved it off my tray up and into there.

The day got started with a few announcements and then we did the Building Your Future segment on communication and diversity. Mrs J was asking if we'd ever been to another state or country. And a few other things were sorta discussed. As this was happening Mrs. Sherri was pulling us about to move on students in to her office to go over our progress reports to see if we had everything finished we needed.

This is 8/26 vs 9/10 progress

99.89% then / 99.92 yesterday
178 hours / 248
I've done 12 out of 12 in my Academics (Quizzes and Rubrics passed) Then
I am 16 of 19 as of yesterday but 3 of those are tomorrow.
89% academic score then / 91 % now, thanks to a couple 100%s
224 of 149 Practical Services then / 278 of 210 now

Of what I should have by this week (first column I've done, second I need)
21 of 11 - Hair Cutting - 75 min for graduation
44 of 30- Hair Styling - 330 min for graduation
4 of 9 - Hair Coloring - (Did 3 today and supposed to do 2 tomorrow)
4 of 3 - Nail Care - 85 min for graduation
5 of 7 - Skin Care - 40 min for graduation (Can do these the next 2 weeks before I reach 350 hours)
189 of 140 - Misc - 595 min for graduation

In other words I have not missed a day and have not been late so I have what I should have. Time has not been wasted. I am not behind. This time I'm not just good at theory. I've been taught. Its just the basics but its a good quality of basics.
I found out that for the next 4 week rotation when I'm in Rehersal class I have Mrs C and Mrs J will be on the floor. I have to say I like that news so far. Plus I'll have Mrs L and Mrs V on the floor as well.

When I got back it was right before break and we started to set up for applying colesterol as color.
After break we did practise timing first on this color retouch of just the new growth area. This is how far I got in 15 minutes.
Then we did a virgin application which is only the middle of the strand and not the roots or ends. I got the back sections done in 15 minutes. No picture of that one though. I did the retouch on Ameri. I did the virgin on Penelope 2 with longer hair.

After lunch we were going to be mixing color somehow. We had the option of working on a manikin or having our own hair colored or coloring someone. I chose to do something with Penelope 1 with her shorter hair. It was between her and Ben. But I was looking at the way her hair was curving around her face and it was just giving me ideas. I was picturing being able to do different colors in different lines of it. I thought of flames. But I also wanted something I could get done in the time given because if it needed a lightening and then a color after that I may not have pulled it off since I have 0 experience doing that much in a small window. It took like an hour the other day to get that little strand to lighten up. I was looking at her darker level 5 hair at the brown color and it kinda hit me that I could try different shades of copper from shiny Penny to dark Penny. So on lunch I posted this "When I get back from this walk Penelope is going to become the Penny she should be. — feeling determined."
Honestly I was scared out of my wits and was still hoping to find my wallet. So I took my walk and played my music.

After lunch I fumbled about and waited my turn to ask questions about how I could accomplish what I wanted. Instead of mixing color Mrs J said to just try what we did the other day with the bleach. Part of me was dissappointed because I wanted to pick out a color to get that experience. But at the same time I was glad to be about to try something I hadn't done. So I sectioned her out into what I would describe as a sunbeam pattern. Like star points but curved like a sun drawing.  I had 7 sections. They were something like this picture and I applied the 20 volume peroxide and bleach to just the very front hairline using foils to keep each section seperate and off the dark hair. I was trying to stagger like this to try to have different shades and processing times to get the random coppers. This picture is the after picture.

So is this one
This is at home after I gave her a shampoo to be sure I had the bleach out. In this picture the hair looks the way I intended it as far as a copper color. I want to get a natural light picture also because it may be more yellow blonde than this. I had the bleach on for about 35 minutes total. I removed it in the same order as application. Each section had about 15-20 minutes.

Pam on FB says that I have skills. Honestly this is not quite what I had intended but it at least has some copper to it which was my goal. This may be better than what I saw in my mind. I basically invented my own procedure. But it scared the wits out of me to get going. I was trying to figure out if I was going to use a different volume of peroxide for different sections. I originally had more hair per section and I then sliced out just the very front of it. I wanted the bleach to be able to get at the hair yet still use the foils.

I responded to Pam with this "I was going to debate you a bit Pam on my skills but I am looking at a picture that I did accomplish on my own. It has a cut I did and the color results are mine. It was a guessing game as to how to accomplish either one but she's in that picture smiling so I must have done something right."

I'm also looking at a blow dry I did. I don't think any magazines would be posting this picture. But I like it. My mind and hands did it. My fear was brushed away and decolorized. It was thrown away in crumpled bits of aluminum foil and replaced with shiny copper. Positively Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment