Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 31 ~ Spiraling Upward ~ 9/3/13

Cosmetology Journal ~ Day 31 ~ Spiraling Upward ~ 9/3/13

Today's hair was a tail like this except just the top spiral pom pom was used.





I went with that because today was Spiral perm wrapping day and because I was just about out of time trying other things.

In the morning we started by totaling up our theory and practical hours for last month on our record sheets. Then we partnered up for practising perm consultations. It was basically the same as for relaxers and uses the same card / sheet but this time you mark off which kind of perm wrap, which kind of rods, and then choose the perm strength and type based on the hair type and condition.

We finished that after break and then we watched the Linda video on doing a spiral perm wrap. We watched just enough to get started with the nape area and then we went to work. We worked on them up to and after lunch and almost until second break.

After break we did some workbook theory review since the quiz is tomorrow. And then we were going to partner up and take turns doing parts of a Curl Reforming (Jherri Curl / Jherri Redding) perm on the demo manikin. This is where you straighten tight curls and then perm the hair on larger perm rods to make the hair into larger looser curls or waves. But time ran short and we only got as far as the relaxing to make it straight and rinsing that out. Tomorrow if there's time I might be taking my turn as one of the rod wrappers. But we have the quiz and 3 rubrics tomorrow so I'll be surprised if there's time for anything else. We do virgin relaxer, basic perm wrap, and bricklay perm wrap rubrics tomorrow. The set up alone for those takes all the time. Plus if anyone is going to use the same manikin for the relaxer and the perms they'll need to wash the colesterol conditioner out first which can take time if there aren't enough shampoo bowls available.

I had a bit of nostalgic bliss during the curl demo. One of the product jars had the lid off and the others were not liking the smell of it. I'm just sitting there reminiscing about when I used to not want to go to cosmetology school because that smell would bother me. I was actually happy to smell it again. It doesn't bother me at all anymore. Sure rotten egg smell stinks. But if that's the only thing in my way then it needs a better army. Its just another old friend to catch up with. Bring it on.

If anyone hasn't read my status on FB this past weekend I wrapped 3 basic perms for practise.

Here's today's spiral on Reese. This is as far as I got. I brought her home to finish it.

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment