Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 34 ~ Enlightened Developements ~ 9/6/13

Day 34 ~ Enlightened Developements ~ 9/6/13

Today's Hair
Purple Baubles. 2 of them

Today is Friday so we went out to the salon floor for celebrations. I got another pink butterfly for 100% attendance. Should get another something next week too.
And then it was dance time. They played a different song this time and the ladies were doing a different dance that looked easier so I gave it a try. Kinda looked more like a Hokey Pokey dance. Then they played the other song and everyone sat down before it was over and I was like not done yet so I kept going a bit by myself.

The morning was all theory. We did some worksheets and worked on the state laws. Then after break we split into groups and each jotted down the key points about a certain type of haircolor: Temporary, Semi Permanent, Demi Permanent, Permanent. My group had Demi. Then we took our notes up to the flip chart and filled them in. Then one of us read it off.
Then we watched a DVD of a Regency grad who specializes in Makeup.

After Lunch Mrs J brought the big Wella color swatch book in to go over how to look up the color combos in it for finding what to mix.

Then after break we did test strands to see how many color levels from dark to light we could get a strand of hair to lighten using various volumes of peroxide developer.
I did the test strand with 30 Volume and bleach. This is after 60 and 65 minutes. Its a strand of some kids hair so it was virgin.


This is the color wheel I did yesterday. I took this picture with my phone and without the flash.

I timed a perm last night at home and I'm at 1 hour 13 minutes. I need to get down to 45 by the time I have the rubric in Rehersal, whenever that is. So I'm going to practise it some more this weekend. I'm going to keep using white rods and Deborah so I can maintain some consistancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment