Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 39 ~ Friday The 13th, The Next Chapter ~ 9/13/13

Cosmetology School Journal ~ Day 39 ~ Friday The 13th, The Next Chapter ~ 9/13/13

When I got up today I was going in to my last day of the 8 week workshop class. All that was left to do was take and pass the 50 question quiz of questions I had on previous quizzes. I did not study for it. I did not have a study guide for it. My thoughts were that if I don't know it by now I should fail and retake anyway.

Today's Hair: Along this journey I have been breaking away from my fear of wearing something my hair other than a simple elastic. But today was the day. My friend Pam sent me a gift. This morning I said "Its time to throw the kitchen sink at em."




First part of the day was celebrations and I went to the floor and got my 7th 100% attendance award in a row. Will be 8. Then we danced. Did a little different dance today. Was mostly shuffling feet and slight kicking. Not quite as difficult to follow along. Almost a feet only hokey pokey.

We just kinda relaxed a bit after that and before break. A had her note cards with her so I looked over them real quick. After break we took the quiz and I got 2 wrong. I thought I had 4 wrong but I must have looked at someone else's quiz because when A asked if I got 98% I said I got 92 and Mrs J said no I got 2 wrong. Ok :)

The rest of the day was Updo practise and waiting for our orientation.
I brought 3 of my already curled manikins from home just in case there would be time for us moving on people to do updos as well. 

We did our orientation with Mrs L right around the afternoon break time. The rest of the day was just messing with my updos.
I took Julie and her long spiral curls from her small rollers. I pulled her hair back and just kinda put my pink elastic around one area and then I put one of my purple heart bracelets around the other. I also took the one small nape piece in the back that was still too straight from not setting and I braided it all the way down. I wrapped that around the first area that I put the pink band on. But when I took my pictures I was coming back from lunch and one set of lights were off so I used my flash. Doing that made the pictures dark instead of bright so what you can see is what I have until I get another picture of her.
Next I had Reese and her still uncut regular length long hair that had the spiral set from the perms. I was going to do some Marcel curling on her so I misted her hair with water and blew dry her curls back smooth. But I changed my mind and decided to French twist it to one side instead. 
After the orientation I had a few minutes to try to come up with something to do with Angellina Anna who had curls still from the last roller set I did on her. But I was thinking about the salon fair coming up so I wanted to try something besides an updo and went with one of the brush outs I like doing. So I brushed her into the bell shape I like.
As I was leaving the room for the last time I took a goodbye picture.
I'm going to write another entry for the weekend if I get a chance to go over my thoughts but for now here's the pictures (if you're on FB they were on my timeline today)



My group has Tuesday - Saturday next week and then M-F the following. So I have a 3 day weekend to have some fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment