Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 38 ~ Today's Entry Brought To You By The Letter A ~ 9/12/13

Cosmetology School Journal ~ Day 38 ~ Today's Entry Brought To You By The Letter A ~ 9/12/13

Today's Hair: Bee Butt Bun held with Goody Spin pin / hair scroo. Purple Flower headband wrapped around as an ornament. A Bee Butt bun is one where it looks like a stack of donuts

Today started with some theory review for today's quiz. 
After break we took the quiz on Haircolor Application an I got 20 out of 20 for my third straight 100% or an A.
 Then we had a rubric for a retouch of lightener using colesterol conditioner on just the new growth aka roots.  I used Penelope 2 with longer hair for that one.

For lunch we had a pot luck celebration since its us longer time students last week in workshop. After I found my wallet last night I went and got a Hormel cracker, cheese, and lunch meat tray. It was marked down so I was worried that someone might not want to eat it. But it didn't even make it to lunch time. :)
This was an excellent pot luck. I don't think anyone didn't bring something. And lots of made items too.
I really enjoyed eating mine with a knife after the forks ran out. I kept going even after one of the teachers got some spoons. Doesn't taste any different.

After lunch we did the rubric for a virgin lightener which is applied to the mid strand and not on the roots or ends. That took us until break. Then after that was personal services time. I was probably going to just do some sort of practical on my manikin. But I was standing out front listening to All This Time by Tiffany because Feelings Of Forever wouldn't load on my phone, and friend A asked if I wanted to do her toner to finish what she had colored the day before and I think I said sure.
Hard to think of the feelings I was having. It was a mix.
I was appreciative
I was glad to be asked by her again. It had been a few weeks since I'd done something with her since we had more people to partner with in class.
I was excited to have a chance to do some color and perhaps mix some.
I had some butterflies in the tummy.
But this is what I'm there for so I went in and put the gloves on. 
Mrs J was helping out so as I was grabbing my cape and such the color was already being mixed. No biggie. The application was only to the front section which is basically like what i did yesterday only this was a bigger section. Mrs J covered the back area with some foils so we could team up and brush on the front section. I did at least half of it. I gotta say I missed the smell of color. Been a while. 
As I was brushing on the color Mrs Sherri came in to tell us which of the two groups of Rehersal classes we would be split into. Basically each day one group is on the floor while the other is in class. Well turns out that both A and I are going to be in Group A. And that is Awesome. 
SoMrs J and I finished brushing on and then A and I went to the floor to let her process for a few minutes and then I had the pleasure of doing a shampoo on her for the second time since starting school. And I believe it was there that she said something about cutting her hair a bit. She had mentioned it earlier in the day but I hadn't volunteered because I didn't know what was going to happen with the day yet. But here I was with another opportunity just falling in my hands. I was feeling pretty good about that. It was a bit of deja vu though because over the past few years my oldest brother has come over a few times asking me to trim the hair at his nape hairline. But at those times I felt so awkward doing it because I had the feelings of failure going through me. So we got back to the room and Mrs J was helping out too. She offered to cut the guide and I let her. I was confident in my ability to do it without help but at the same time I will be having Mrs J on the floor and I wanted to give her a chance to, I guess it was like a dress rehersal. Show me what I'm in for if I let you help me. I like Mrs J and I look at her and how she is and she just has that glow about her that says she is where she belongs. I trust her. So with her help we got A trimmed up nicely into a very nice graduated bob with more even bottom length because A wants to start growing longer now without the awkward growth shape. 

A is very happy with the color and the cut. She's smiling. A client smiled at me, a repeat client.
I'm so happy to get to stay with my friend in the next group. She's helped me through some hard days just by being there. Thanks a bunch A. 
That's All for todAy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment