Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 47 ~ Dispensing Orchids ~ 9/25/13

Cosmetology School Journal ~ Day 47 ~ Dispensing Orchids ~ 9/25/13

325 Hours Complete

Today's Hair: Regular tail with one flower band at top and one at bottom. No picture. Its the little flowers bands I've worn on my braid a few times.

Performance Salon Floor: The other day my friend A was working the dispense all day and since she wasn't there today I offered to Mrs J to do it. She said there was another student to do the job already. So I went to Station 11 to unpack. Then after I did she said that we were short on students so I could go work it so the other student could handle clients. So I worked Dispense all day.

So for those who may have missed it or if I did not explain it yet this is what you do in dispense.
There is a half wall counter that sperates the salon floor with the dispense room. To get your products or colors you "Belly up to the bar" and ask for what you need. Then the bartender gives it to you. That was me today. I also wash, dry, and fold the towels when there's enough to start a load. I did about 3 loads today or about 60 towels. 

At about 11 am Mrs Jeri told me that I could work on my practicals in dispense if I wanted. So I got to thinking and I settled on doing a basic perm on Deborah with my orchid rods. I was taking advantage of all the counter space I had so I didn't have to do so much reaching like last week at the station. So that's what I did for the most of the day. I would get a few rods in and then have to hand over a product and then get a few more in. But I got her done and got my credit. 



Here's the interesting part of the day, if that wasn't already, we have a student graduating soon and she usually does the perm and roller set on Fridays for one of the regulars. She came to me and said something like "I saw you doing that perm the other day and wondered if you'd like to take over with ______?" and I accepted and thanked her. So if that goes well I'll have at least one roller set client with perms too. Just like old times :)
I asked and she usually gets blue rods which are thinner than the white ones. But I did have some experience with that before since most of the perms I did were on less than 2 inch hair.

So that was today. Tomorrow is classroom day. The projects are due and its quiz day for the business building chapter.

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment