Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 45 ~ Monday, Marcel, & Me ~ 9/23/13

Cosmetology School ~ Day 45 ~ Monday, Marcel, & Me ~ 9/23/13

Performance Floor ~ Day 4 ~ 311 Hours.

Today's Hair: A braid with Polka Dot Bows

I chose station 11 today. Which is right next to 12 from the other day.
Sinc eit was monday we had to do some extra sanitizing. A few of us had to get out all the portable foot baths and put bleach water in them to soak them 6 - 10 hours as required by law. I'd say there were at least 12 of them.

I had a hard time getting focused this morning. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I could finish Deborah's orchid perm rods, I could do a colesterol color, I could do more thermal iron curls, I could have done some cutting. I just couldn't decide. First thing I did was to decide not to finish the perm wrap. Mrs C had already given me credit for it and I didn't want to get another credit for the same one. I'd rather start it over and time myself. However I had lent my spray bottle to someone so doing the perm was crossed off for the time being. I removed the rods. Then I spilled my sectioning clips on the floor. So basically I unfocused the first part of the day away until the 10:30 break. I came back and started sectioning Naomi for some more Marcel iron curls. I was making diamond shaped sections and trying to be all fancy. Then I said enough is enough and I put her into sections as if I were going to do a perm. Then  I made a whole head of Marcel curls on her and got credit for it. That brought me to the 1 pm lunch and I took another walk while the weather is still ok.

I came back and asked if flat ironing Deb's perm curls straight counts as a thermal press and Mrs J said yes.. So I did her entire head with the flat iron. Since she has round layers I gave her a bit of a curve to each section as I did it to build up the stack.
I relieved A from the dispense for her break and then took mine and came back to finish Deb's press.
So while the day started off slow I did at least get 2 credits. But more importantly more practise with hot tools. The flat iron is simple enough but I have to keep practising with the Marcel. Its not as hard as it used to be but it still has its challenges. The little kick stand on it that lets you set it on a counter likes to grab the curls from the other row and yank on them. If it weren't a dangerous tool it would be really fun.

Tomorrow is classroom and working on the Own a Salon Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment