Friday, September 27, 2013

Day 49 ~ Stones & Stars ~ 9/27/13

Day 49 ~ Stones & Stars ~ 9/27/13

339 Hours complete

Today's hair for celebration day:
Business in the front and party in the back.

Friday Flooring it: 9 weeks in a row so far and should be 10 next week for 100% attendance. But that paper butterfly was just one award to receive. I have reached the end of Workshop Milestone and I received my first Star pin.
This also meant it was time to move my name star from the workshop door to the rehearsal door which I did at first break. So now its the 11 hour countdown to 350 to be legal to perform.

I once again set up shop at station 11 today. Our station rows go like this if you think of the direction of the lines pointing to a chair. | 3E 3E 3|  and station 11 would be right about the middle of the middle 3. So I am not hiding along a wall like I may have before. I am right in the middle lane in the middle. And it was there today where I once again had my mind on wrapping a perm. Except my focus has now shifted from timing the wrap to getting better at the harder ones. So the first thing I did was remove the sectioning clips I had placed in Deborah and Ameri's hair and I went and got Ben and Shorter haired Penny because I was going to use smaller rods on shorter hair. Dispense gave me the box of pink rods which are smaller than my gray rods yet just a bit bigger than the blue. Penny's hair has been cut into a square layer cut which means her hair was pulled back from her head like this --- and cut so the hair by her occipital bone or the round part the curves outward makes that hair shorter than all the other hair on her head. As I was wrapping I picked up my regular comb to measure the strands and I had some only 2 1/2 inches long. So this was a more realistic test that compares to what I dealt with in the past. But I took my time and I finished it. I asked Mrs V to come check and she said something like "Wow Robert, getting ambitious with the pink rods" or something close to that and my response was, "Yup, never know when that is walking through the door" and here is the finished product.
While I was setting up in the morning the soon to be graduating student was doing a roller set on an elderly lady using blue rollers. I wondered if that was the friday regular I was going to be taking over for her but she didn't intro her to me. However as it turns out there are two friday regulars, Mrs M and Mrs D. and the graduate and another student were telling me that it was Mrs M earlier for her usual 9:30 and that Mrs D would be coming in soon and I could meet her. So after I finished the perm Mrs D was coming in and I went to watch a different student with an A name do her roller set and meet her and she's one of the nice helpful ladies. Not all mean and picky. As I was watching there was another roller set over my shoulder and Mrs V asked if I wanted to assist with it. Turns out this was a brand new roller set client who plans to be a regular. At the moment she's scheduled to come back and have A that was doing Mrs D's set do her. But there's always a chance I could be doing her set as well. I don't know how long A has left nor if she ever misses school. But here's the cool part. After the new client left I watched A finish Mrs D and its not a hard to do back comb. She just likes a little fluffing and that's it. And she's coming back next friday at 1:30 and as soon as its possible to enter someone in to the computer as an appointment for me she will be entered. She is a friday regular so that means I have a slot full every week already and I haven't handed out a card yet. And I may have the 9:30 Mrs M too. I don't know if I will have a client on Wednesday or not. I don't reach 350 until 4 hours into the 7 hour day. But I already know that no matter what happens before 1:30 on Friday I will have Mrs M coming in and I already know what she wants and how to do it and that is such a load off my mind. And I saw Mrs M and what she was getting for the most part as well. And she comes in right after celebrations.

I took Penny's rods out and put her sections back in clips so I can do another. I'd like to try the blue or yellow rods next.

That's it for now. I might write more during the 3 day weekend. Its classroom day on Tuesday and we start the chemistry chapter. Then comes Wednesday and whatever that brings. But bring it on.

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment