Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 44 ~ Saturday Station 12 ~ 9/21/13

Cosmetology School ~ Day 44 ~ Saturday Station 12 ~ 9/21/13

Today's hair: Pearly schrunchie tail





Today was the first time I had been to cosmetology school on a saturday in 12 years. The number on the station I chose yesterday and today is also number 12.
Last night I repacked my tools to try to make them easier to unpack into the stations. For the moment it seems to have worked. I took my silverware holder / comb tray and it fit in the top drawer. I found out that I can fit one of the larger plastic tote boxes in the small cabinet so that makes it a bit easier to unpack without so many smaller totes. I may be able to use another large one if it fits stacking it on top. But I did manage it so it should be a bit quicker now.

On Saturday the evening part time students are there during the day so all of us were on the floor for more celebration announcements but no dancing again. Which is fine since I hadn't reached my milestone yet.

To reach the milestone I had one skin practical of some sort to do. I got it marked off. So unless something else pops up I should be celebrated the next time there are any. But I'm not going to say anything is official until I see that star move from door to door and they tell me for sure. Then it might be time to switch to the Senior Student name tag unless that comes at 350 hrs. Either way its almost time.
I covered Dispense again for a morning break and a lunch break today. This time I asked Mrs J how to get the towels started in the washers too so now I can do both parts of the laundry. Saturdays are busy so I didn't want the washers sitting silent for a whole half hour when they could be tumbling some towels.

I spent most of the rest of the day doing a head of Marcel curling iron curls on Naomi. I figured I'd do something that's hard to do that I'm still a bit scared to do on people. Especially since most of the people in there today were getting something done with an iron. I sectioned the hair into my own designed pattern and then managed to get the whole head done. Then I spent some time combing it different directions to see how it swooped around and such just like with roller sets. Then near the end of the day one of the other students asked if she could have me give her a shampoo so I was able to do that for some practise.

And to finish the day Mrs L was treating us to some singing with the microphone machine. Might also be a karaoke machine but no music was playing. She was singing some sort of version of Bohemian Rapsody along with a few others.

Although I knew it would kill my feet I decided to get another lunch time walk in while the weather is still ok.
So I've got tomorrow off and then its back to the floor on monday and then classroom on tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment