Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 73 ~ 500 Hours ~ 11/1/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 73 ~ 500 Hours ~ 11/1/13

506 Hours
15 Guests - 2 have repeated at least once.

Today's Hair: Spin Pin Bun with my new Purple Bead bracelet I got at Glitter at the Mall

Performance Floor Friday:
We didn't have any graduates today but Ashlee reached her 350 mark and became legal to service the public today. So I get to see her in action finally when she gets a guest. I wasn't expecting it but I did get 100 % attendance last week so I got a butterfly. Guess that'll help my attendance average a bit LOL.

My day pretty much went according to the schedule I knew about. Mrs M came in for her 9:45 roller set and I must say I was in better control today with the products. I'm starting to tell the hair who the boss is.
I had her unrolled by 11:30. I hope she was completely dry because she was in a hurry to leave just like last week. Her ride showed up and she hopped in the car without having me comb her out. It was almost a repeat of last week. She seemed happy so I'm not going to complain.

Mrs D came in for her 1:30 set and we had a ball again. Its not so much a party etc. But she likes me. She told Mrs E that I do a good job and then told me that she told her. I was ready for her at 1:30 and saw her pull in so I went out to hold the door for her. I said "What happened to our sunny days?" and she says "at least its not the rain"
The thing I like about having her and as a repeat is I know what to do. I know her shampoo and conditioner and what to roll her hair with. And I know what spray she likes and doesn't like. I don't need help with her. And I'm left alone. Except for last week when Mrs C wanted to help. But I was ok with that then.
Bottom line is when I have Mrs D its a bit of my future now. She's not a walk in or a regular. She is purposely coming to see me and doesn't want that to change. So when she's there I am in my own salon. My home. She even asked on the way out to make sure she's still listed with me for the new month.

While I was shampooing her I asked if the water was too hot and she once again said "Its never been too hot" because the warm water is constantly running out and going back and forth. Well sure enough it got too hot today so we had a chuckle over that. Plus one of the instructors was using another bowl and she lost control of the sprayer and hosed the floor pretty good. So now I'm not going to feel so bad if I mess up a tiny bit. Ok I'll feel bad but I'll know I'm not supposed to be perfect.

As of the end of the day I still have a Shampoo & Thermal at 9:45 tomorrow and a Haircut & Color at Noon.Gonna be an interesting day. And then Sunday brings the extension class in downtown Detroit. And then Monday on the floor again.

Thanks for reading, really appreciate it and your time. <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment