Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 89 ~ I Trust Robert ~ 11/22/13

Cosmetology School Journal ~ Day 89 ~ I Trust Robert ~ 11/22/13

618 Hours
29 Guests

Today's hair: Spins Pin bun with my old Butterfly Slide. I don't remember if I wore this yet or not. I've had a hard time finding a way to wear it to have something thick for it to grab. But my bun worked.

Performance Floor Friday:
For my 100% attendance last week I received a blue fish paper this time. To go along with 2 or 3 frogs and several pink butterflies.

I didn't have a guest right away but that was good since I was trying to catch up on sanitizing my brushes. Good thing too since I needed one of them.
After that I removed Deb's perm rods and put her back in sections. As I was doing that I was informed that I had a guest coming at 11 for a Haircut & Makeup. During my 10:30 break I posted to FB "Fun is coming....." because who knows who could be coming for what and I knew that I had to get it done before 1:30 when Mrs D comes.
When I went to the desk to greet her they were changing the ticket to also add a thermal. My guest it turns out was a lady with natural blonde hair who is married with young children and she said she was soon to be 30. Her straight hair was about 4 inches below her shoulders. She was coming for a haircut and to get ready to go to a wedding so she wanted to be done by 1:15. Ok..........
She gave me full control to do what I wanted as long as it didn't go short short. So we agreed on bringing it up to brush her shoulders with a little bit of layering of some sort. I cut at least 3.5-4 inches off to establish her long bob. And then I held her hair out on about a 45 degree angle to give it a slight graduation. I could have done more than that but I was going a bit conservative since I was running the show on my own and wanted to make sure I was following some sort of plan. She told Mrs J over and over "I trust Robert" and I did what I could to keep it. I got through the cut and let Mrs J check it and she cut a few tiny snips but nothing to change anything I did. Then I blew her dry and then round brushed her. But I had to take my lunch before Mrs D came so two of my friends got to double team the makeup and thermal curls.
I came back from lunch and had some fun with Mrs D again and it was an awesome day.
Of course I gave the lady my card and I always make sure to thank them for coming in and letting me learn and in this case for trusting me and such. This was big time. This is one of those turning point moments. My first makeover cut.

Thanks for reading.
~ No tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment