Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 92 ~ I Choose Heads ~ 11/29/13

Cosmetology  School Day 92 ~ I Choose Heads ~ 11/29/13

638.5 Hours

Today's Hair: Spin Pin bun with black ruffly scrunchie. We went with dress in black for Black Friday. No picture.

As I drove away from the house it felt like the car was pulling a bit and I was guessing that my front drivers side tire was low again. I stopped at the gas station a half mile down the road to put air in it. It wasn't taking any. So I called school to tell them I'd be running late and then set about changing the tire to my spare. Thankfully the tire didn't give me any trouble changing it. I tightened up the spare and drove back home to get some extra cash and then headed to school. I clocked in at 9:25. They were just finishing up the friday morning celebrations. Mrs Sherri came over and handed me my 100% attendance frog for last week and then said something about how they keep coming and I replied playfully "Well not next week"
Then I asked Mrs L if I was working Dispense and I was so I went to work getting the towels going in the machines. I worked the dispense the whole day again. I like it. I finally got the hang of tearing the foils in half with decent straight lines. I got to weigh and mix some color. Just a nice day. Also got to look out that window at those cars playing circus in the parking lot.

Then I drove to the tire store and waited my turn to get a new tire put on. So I now have 2 new tires and 2 in decent condition. Hopefully the winter won't be interesting enough to find out how much better the newer tires are.

I was off for Thanksgiving and I had a chance to try a haircut from my old school's hair designs book. Its a book with a bunch of roller set patterns, perm patterns, and a series of haircuts that we would have done in progression on our one manikin. I got as far as a one length cut using a razor back then. I think we might have done another trim with shears after that. Although I did have Veronica and Sienna at the time to do cuts on so I didn't have to do them on Sequoia. Anyway there's a cut called Petite Page that's similar to Dorothy Hamill's 70's haircut that I would like to try. But I decided to try the one right before it first called the Bias Flair. So I took the rollers out of Lori's hair and gave her a quick combout for a picture. Then I sprayed her down and cut at least 3 inches off and in front even more. Its basically a reverse A Line cut with the high part being in front and angling down to the neck. You start by cutting the back at zero degrees like you would cut a bob or a trim. Then while wet I held the hair in front below her nose at the lips and cut the guide. Then I part off the hairline about an inch back and cut that with the hair just hanging loose. In other words I draw the angle with my cutting without grabbing the hair from her nose to the neck. Then I take another inch worth down and do the same until that half is finished.

Note: When i started this journal I had a donate button because I didn't know how I was going to pay for school. I was fortunate to get some loans etc so I took the button down. I have now put the button back up but with the title of Help Me Buy Manikins. I have many already and more are on the way but in order to keep practising haircutting I'll need the freedom to go ahead and cut them short without worrying about who to leave long. The button is for Paypal. There is no minimum amount. I'm not expecting anyone to pitch in $40. If Paypal lets you give a penny and you can give that I'd be appreciative of that. As you can see I will put my manikins to good use. Thank you to anyone for anything you give. 







Bias Flair





Petite Page - coming soon


Thanks for Reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment