Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 78 ~ Journal Writing 101 ~ 11/7/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 78 ~ Journal Writing 101 ~ 11/7/13

541 Hours

Today's Hair: Higher Ponytail with Purple Glittery band wrapped around the underneath band.

Classroom Day: Last day of Haircutting 2 - Mens Cuts.
Quiz day and other half of class rubrics day.
We started the day by getting the quiz done before the 10 am break. We did a Jeopardy game to review on Tuesday and I gotta say that without it I'd have probably failed or done worse. But because we did that game I ended up only missing the one question out of 20 that I was 50/50 on. So I got a 95%.
After break the rubrics started and a few people did have some male guests to do their rubrics on. I did mine on Tuesday so I got to work on whatever I wanted. I took Julie with me for the first time since about 8 weeks ago when I took her roller set spiral curls and made an updo with them. She had been in that updo since then. That was back in workshop class. I also had a few others in the tote bag from the car. For starters I wanted to get those curls unset and back straight. So I used my spray bottle and blow dryer and worked my way through from nape to top blowing out each section. The class was taking turns touching the long hair and liking the color. It was like the pressing comb take 2. It took me longer than I thought it would to get the job done but she did have some tangles to work through carefully. When lunch time came I was about 60% done. After lunch I went back to work on her while others did personal services on each other. After I finished my plan was to possibly give her a trim if it looked like she needed one. I decided she did so I after lifting and combing her hair to see what shape cut would be as close to the way her ends are at the moment I decided on a long graduated trim in which I held the hair with just a slight downward angle. Basically straight out from the nape like this \
However when I was still doing the back I was asked if I wanted to paint Jo..'s toes for the pedicure that someone else had done. So I did. This was the first time I've ever painted toes since the other male student didn't want polish for the pedicure I did for him in workshop. Thanks Jo :)
Then I went back to finish up Julie's trim and got credit for that.
While waiting to go home after cleaning up I braided her hair into a thick tail and put the pink elastic on it that she had been wearing for the updo. Then a few minutes later I played with it and tried tucking it in to form a loop. And I managed to get it to stay. Then I brought her home and took her pictures here.



Today was the last day with Mrs J in Rehearsal till the next time her rotation comes around. If I heard correctly Mrs E will be our classroom teacher while Mrs V and Mrs J will be on the floor. I'm guessing that puts Mrs C in the workshop class. This will be my first time with Mrs E as our classroom instructor. Should be interesting since we have another mock State board coming in a few weeks with her. She's the by the book one. But its a challenge I'll have to take and overcome. Besides if I can't pass hers then I'm dead meat at the real one come summer.Might as well get the practise in.

Note: Journal Writing 101 refers to this being entry 101 and playing on the 101 class thing. I'm not offering a journal writing lesson. ;)

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment