Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 85 ~ Monday Funday ~ 11/18/13

Cosmetology School ~ Day 85 ~ Monday Funday ~ 11/18/13

590 Hours
26 Guests

Today's Hair: I did the purple shell like bracelet bun again so here's the older picture

Performance Floor Monday:
My schedule was clear today so I went in expecting to do whatever the manikin practical assignment was. We actually had more than one assignment. First we had to write down some ideas on how to build a clientele. Instead of giving ideas as if I hadn't tried anything yet I wrote down about 7 things that I have already done to hand out my cards and mentioned one that I was going to try today after school. Mrs Sherri came up to me later in the day and said I did a great job on it and she especially liked what I was going to do today. More on that later.

Manikin assignment: Basic Perm wrap
I did mine using Deborah. Mrs V came around to assign our lunch times and when she got to me she said I was going to go at 11:30 since I had a guest coming late. I got my perm wrap done and went to lunch. I checked the computer and it said my guest was coming for a haircut. I came back from lunch and decided that timewise I could possibly do another perm by the end of the day even if I had to do half and half later. So I got all except for the two behind the ear sections done by the time my guest came.

My guest was a lady who is probably about my age with layered wavy almost curly hair well below her shoulders. This was probably the longest hair I have worked on so far. She wanted a trim to refresh her layers. I guessed correctly that she needed a 180 degree layer cut. She already had one. So Mrs J established my guide for me and the trim to start with was about 2 inches. I did the ends trim in back and then Mrs J came back to establish the 180 / Shark fin. And then I brought the rest of the hair up and cut it. Which is not as easy as they make it look in Youtube videos. My guest had lots of hair and waves so when you go to comb it its kinda, I guess the word would be wild or messy. But since Mrs J was on break Mrs V came to check and she only did 2 small snips so I guess I managed it well. My guest left happy and with a card. It was her first time there. Hopefully it won't be the last time I see her. She did have colored hair too.

After she left I finished the second perm so I got credit for 2 instead of 1 for the day. With the assignments these days I gotta take advantage of anytime I can get a perm credit since there's so many to do.
Here's the picture of them

As for the clientele assignment and my after school plans, my niece's school was having a fundraiser at a local restaurant. If you went and said you were with the school people and bought food or drinks they would donate to the school. So I went and got some tenderloin steak and then after a few cups of coffee and some good tunes playing I got up and I worked the room with my cards. I gave about 10-14 cards in about 5 minutes. So what I said I was going to do, I did. What a rush.

Thanks for reading :)
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment