Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 79 ~ Curls & Curls ~ 11/8/13

Day 79 ~ Curls & Curls ~ 11/8/13

548 Hours
20 Guests - Friday had 2 repeats.

Friday's Hair (Its now Saturday): Spin Pin Bun with Purple Hearts Bracelet from Claires

Performance Floor Friday:
No dancing but I got a 100% attendance Butterfly.
And then my friend who came for the purple streaks was back for some curls. This was my first time ever trying spiral curls with a curling / Marcel iron. And I mean first time ever. In other words I invented my own method for doing them based on what I think Mrs C was trying to show me a few weeks ago. I don't remember if I made any of these curls in the old school with the stove irons or not. If you'd like you could check the June section and read my old journal and see if I did. But in any case I tried a barber pole type method to do them and some were great and some were good and some were looser. But I worked my way up through her pretty multicolored hair and I can't believe how its just not hard to use my irons anymore. Maybe having the chair being adjustable helps. But in any case they just don't feel heavy anymore.
I'm going to be honest and say that it did take me 9:50 - after 1 to get them done but she does have denser hair / more of it so I have to do more sections since you need to try to use smaller ones to make better curls.
It was interesting having her walking out the door as Mrs D was walking in. But thanks to her for coming in and letting me learn this with her instead of someone who would have been a bit upset for me taking that long. At least now I know how to do them. And none of the instructors stopped me or corrected me. They liked what I was doing.

Mrs D was fun to have again as usual. I ran the whole show with her also. I used the pink gel this week since the other gel last week left those dandruff looking white flakes. And I was in control. I rolled every bit of her hair except for about 1 roller worth at the nape. So next week it will probably be long enough to get it. Or maybe I'll leave some hair from the one above it to help out. But I got the job done. Two people left smiling.

Here's the curls.
Thanks to my classmates who told me they were pretty etc
Note the purple has mostly gone away but I love the blend of color that's left

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment