Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 87 ~ Walk To The End For A Beginning ~ 11/20/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 87 ~ Walk To The End For A Beginning  ~ 11/20/13 ~

604 Hours
27 Guests

Today's Hair: Spin Pin Bun with heart bracelet

Performance Floor Wednesday:
I started the day without anything booked. Our assignment for the day was to do a facial on a manikin State Board style where we go through the procedure and then do each of the massage manipulations three times each instead of the long minimum time we are supposed to do them for a guest. So I got that done and out of the way and then since Deborah was back in her sections after Monday's perms and removing the rods I chose to start a perm. I started it after the 10:30 break and had my lunch at 11:30. According to my phone I took the picture of it at 12:41. I then took the rods down, putting her back in sections as I went. Then I started another. At 1:44 I was notified that I had a shampoo & thermal guest for 2 pm. So I got as far as all but the two back behind the ear sections.
My guest came in about 2:10. I'm guessing she may be either Asian or possibly Native American or both. But she had dark hair that was straight but its naturally curly so she wanted it washed and restraightened. So I did what I needed to and she just sat and read her magazines. Her young daughter kept coming back and talking to her every 10 minutes or so and when I was in the middle of the ironing she told her mom that it was pretty. Then at the end both daughters came back and said so again. And she liked it as well. She wanted it straight with a bit of a curl in but I turned the iron a little bit more on my rainbows and she got more of a s curl on her ends. But she liked it. She comes every other week so I gave her my card to request me.

When she left it was 3:48 and I figured that I needed to finish my perm to get the credit and leaving it for Friday probably wasn't going to work. So I got it done by 4:07.

Sounds like a great day so far right?
For lunch I walked down to Subway which is the farthest thing to walk to in the center. I went there a few times last week and gave some cards including to the two lady employees. I was second in line and waited for a few minutes and then when I got to asking for my sub she says "Just the man I wanted to see. You're gonna give me bangs" and upon further discussion I told my schedule and she might be able to come see me if they let her have me at 3:30 for her bangs trim and a regular trim. But after I got back I remembered that I'm working dispense next week also so there's a double chance that it may not happen yet. She said it might be a wednesday. But in any case its beyond words. The tide has turned. Just gotta stay positive and keep at this.

Here's the perms pictures from today.

Thank you for reading
~ Wishing you No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment