Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 72 ~ Treat, Definitely Treat ~ 10/31/13

Day 72 ~ Treat, Definitely Treat ~ 10/31/13

499 Hours

Today's Hair: Muwahahahahahah
Ok so its Halloween and um well I wasn't really going to do anything special. But Pam just had to challenge me whether she meant to or not. So there I was with about 20 minutes this morning to invent something. Last night I painted my nails with base coat and then put purple hearts in the middle of each finger.

I was just going to wear my purple shirt and be me / PurpleBubba.

But Pam said "Loved the "I'm going as me for a change"tho as an experienced PB reader-my educated guess would be no-you'll change your mind & wear a costume-even something little to make people smile."
So it was game on.
I decided to get out my purple rollers and use them LOL
 I took sections and bent then and twisted them to feed them through a roller to have something to grab on the other side. Then once through I unfolded and untwisted them to let them hang loose. Then I took pin curl clips and made a plus shape with them to keep the roller from sliding. I took the picture and then tossed more clips and the few remaining rollers in my pocket to finish doing at school and possibly with help if I needed it. I then grabbed my skull with bows apron and my pink glasses from last year's witch costume. And I put a purple bow barette in my front left side hair to match the look on the apron. I wasn't sure if we were going to be allowed to wear the apron or not because of the Regency apron rules. But I took it anyway.
When I got to school I put my Regency apron on and then the other one over it. Then I pulled the glasses out and put them on. I put the rest of my rollers in at lower spots. People were asking me what I was and I was thinking about someone running late or someone caught in the wind which technically was true today since the wind was trying to blow them out of my hair. We went to the floor for role call and to see who dressed up. So I got to strut the catwalk. Then we came back to the room and Ashlee and I had our pics taken. One on her phone and one on mine. And then I had J help me get a picture from behind since I forgot I had one from home.



Oh did I mention we had class today also? We did quiz review for haircutting. Then we were supposed to set up after lunch to do some mens type haircutting. So I had Ben and short haired Penny in the room because I didn't want to take a Lori twin or another longer haired manikin and go straight to a clipper cut with them. I was a bit flustered trying to get started and not knowing if I was going to be using the clippers or not and how short I was going etc. But Mrs J set up a manikin up front for us all to take turns on with the square male cut which gave me a bit of a refresher. At first It looked like she was holding the hair a different way than I had learned but because of where I was standing the angle looked different. So after I took my turn with a few snips up there I went back and cut Ben's hair at the nape about 1/2 inch shorter than the previous square cut. There was a lot of commotion going on so I stopped from going higher or to the sides. I let Mrs J help me learn some shear over comb since I hadn't done that yet. Then I took out my razor and played with it a bit back there. Then I decided to stop messing with him and leave some hair in case I wanted to use him for the rubric. So that left me with a wet manikin head and too much time left on the clock. So I decided to play with making fingerwaves even though I didn't have any gel to use. So I went to work with just my spray bottle of water and I did the whole head and got another credit out of the way.

So that's where the day left off. I got home and managed to get the rollers out without having to struggle too much.
I've got the 500 hour mark coming tomorrow and 2 roller sets to do unless something changed. I didn't check the computer today. 

~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment