Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 76 ~ Penny Boxing ~ 11/5/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 76 ~ Penny Boxing ~ 11/5/13

527 Hours

Today's Hair: I made a somewhat higher tail with a single band at the head. Then I folded the tail a bit so that the loop laid against my head just aboved the band. Then I clipped a purple bow barette in to hold the tail and it was clipped above the band so the band could keep it from sliding down if needed.

Classroom Day:
Rubric Day 1 for Mens Haircutting / Haircutting 2
Since I didn't have a model I chose to go ahead and do the rubric with whatever manikins I needed to use. I thought that I had to do a Square Male Layer, and Shear Over Comb, and Clippers so I had both Ben and shorter haired Penny set up and other Penny on standby just in case. Because Ben was already a bit too short to get another cut out of for the square and I wasn't sure if Penny had enough. But I thought one had to be clippered eventually. So they were set up and I was going to start with the square on shorter Penny. Mrs J said we only had to do the square and that there was a choice of what to do as long as we didn't do only one of the others. So Penny with the copper colored front got a square male layer cut. This is the kind where you make imaginary boxes with your cutting positions and partings. One straight out from the nape. One from each side straight out. And one up from the top. Other than somehow getting the left a bit longer I got through it fine. I could tell it was. So I finished it and had her check and got my credit and passed. Then with the leftover work on practicals time I fixed it and practised some shear over comb.
I posted some pictures with my phone and then took another at home.




Tomorrows entry will be #100 and its a floor day.
Thank you all for reading. It really means a lot to me.
~ Wishing you No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment