Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 86 ~ I'm Not Making This Up ~ 11/19/13

Cosmetology School Journal ~ Day 86 ~ I'm Not Making This Up ~ 11/19/13

597 Hours

Today's Hair: Ponytail with a clip in purple flower. The middle of the flower has a magnet for switching out bottle cap magnets with images in them. I got it at the Halloween home product sellers party.


Classroom Tuesday: Makeup and Infection Control day 3.
We spent the morning doing theory.
Then at lunch since Mrs E said she would let us use our own makeup instead of the limited selection we had for classroom use, I went down to Ulta and tried to find the biggest bang for my buck as far as variety of product types because I needed to follow the procedure and not just use a few products. So I bought this kit with the purple bag.
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5960826
"This 76 PC Collection includes: 48 Eye Shadows, 6 Cream Eye Liners, 3 Brow Definers, 7 Lipstick Shades, 1 Shimmer Powder, 3 Eye Primers, 2 Dual Ended Eye Liners, 1 Lip Gloss, 4 Blush Shades, 1 Bronzer."

It has all that but to a rookie like me it was interesting trying to figure out which one was which. I figured out that the large quantity of round circles would have to be the 48 shadows. But after that it was a bit more difficult. And a few of us in the class had fun trying to figure it out too.
First up after lunch was lash application. This was my first ever attempt at it but I did mine on Penny with the shorter copper streaked hair. I don't have a picture yet but I did it. They came out ok as far as fitting them to the round of the eyelid, that is available to glue it to, but the first one is pointed down more than the other.
After that my friend M asked if I could apply her makeup so I did that using my new kit. That was my second time on a person and third time overall doing makeup application. Thanks M  :)

I was looking at my practical progress and it said I have either 16 of 15 perms and 14 of 15 relaxers or the other way around but in either case I need one of those to reach the minimum for the two categories. After that I have to do about 50 more of a combo of the two whether its 1 and 49 or 25 and 25. Or 0 and 50.
I'll probably get at least one of each in two weeks for the mock state board and possibly two for the relaxer.. And I still haven't had the Rehearsal perming course yet. I couldn't believe it but I'm actually caught up with most of my minimums for the current milestone coming. I could use some people coming in for manicures or something skin related but otherwise I'm on track.

At the moment I head to tomorrow without anyone booked so it will either be all day manikin work or whatever walks in. But it'll be something to get done and its interesting to see what they assign. Even when its annoying ;)

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment