Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 74 ~ Swoop There It Is ~ 11/2/13

Day 74 ~ Swoop There It Is ~ 11/2/13

513 Hours
17 Guests

Today's Hair: Spin Pin Bun with this Purple Shell like bracelet as decor.

Performance Floor Saturday:
Celebrations were brief this morning which was good since I had a 9:45 guest coming in. And I was ready so I met Mrs T and she needed a shampoo and a flat ironing with a curl inward. There were some moments during the blow dry that I thought she might be difficult because she kept telling me certain spots weren't dry yet. But I got through that. Then since I have my small travel iron I started with that on the little nape bits. Then I worked my way up the angles like Mrs L taught me with the regular size. I made my rainbows. As I was getting above the ears she checked the time and said "I need to be out of here by 11:30" to which I tactfully said something like "That's cool cuz I need to be done by then too" I had just found my rythm anyway so I got er done. When I did her right front side she said "You did a nice swoop" or something like that so that changed the thought process big time on how things were going. So in the end she liked what I did and left happy and I still had some time to get ready for the 12:00 cut and color that was coming.

Mrs L my guest arrived on time and I was ready for her. She is a lovely lady probably just a bit older than me. She has a reddish brown color from her previous visits and I was to retouch the silver that was showing. And she has the nicest natural curls. This might be the first time I had a guest with curls like hers that weren't rod made. Mrs C was our main instructor today. Mrs E was off and Instructor Mrs L was busy with tours coming in for new students. Mrs C helped me get the color mixed. Thankfully the formula was saved in her history so it was simple. I got to finally squeeze some color tubes and pump some volume, developer that is. I am proud of myself to say that I went to work with that single bowl and worked my way through her just below shoulders curls and did not run out of it. I had plenty for getting the little bits and for a shampoo cap. Her processing time was set for 40 minutes but I checked her at 20 and again at 30 and I saw Mrs J out on the floor helping do a consult so I had her come check and I was right that she was ready to rinse at 30. So with some help from other students and Mrs C coming over to lend a hand I got her rinsed and washed and back to the chair for her slight trim. I made dust. Timewise it took a long time to get her all the way done. But I think I earned her trust with my lack of trimming. I did not ask for the instructors to help nor check it because Mrs L didn't want more than 1/2" and she didn't get more than that. And I was open and honest with her about what I was or was not doing. Its not easy to trim hair when you don't see a plain as day guide especially when the hair curls in your fingers. And 1/2" is not as easy to see as some may think. But I wasn't trying to cut 1/2". I was trying to just snip off the little bit longer hairs so that makes it a bit easier. Less is more. As she was checking out I asked if she would like to request me again next time and gave her a card. She used to come during part time nights but she switched work schedules. I really would like to have her again. I can say the same with Mrs T from the morning. I'm getting comfortable enough with my thermals that I can at least know I'll be ok with those I've already had because they'll get better from me than they had.

Today was a hurdle to get through. I had no idea what was going to sit in the chair. Thankfully it turned out to be two great experiences. Just a matter of some speed on certain things once I know how to do them myself. This is getting fun. :)

Hair Extension Class tomorrow morning.........

~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment