Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 90 ~ Driving In Flip Flops ~ 11/26/13

Cosmetology School ~ Day 90 ~ Driving In Flip Flops ~ 11/26/13

625 Hours

Today's Hair: For school I wore a high ponytail where I've been wearing my buns lately and I used my purple velvety scrunchie to hold it there. No picture though.

Classroom Day: Day 1 of two weeks of Hairstyling and Mock State Board.
This week was supposed to be a week of roller sets and thermal styling in class with the Mock State Board being next Tuesday. However we don't have class on Thursday / Thanksgiving. Well we started the day with the whiteboard saying we were doing theory in the morning and then roller sets and thermal irons for practicals. But around 10:30 one of the students asked about Thursday being off for us and Mrs E didn't realize it until then. So basically it was drop everything that was planned and she moved into Mock State Board prep. So the rest of the day was her demonstrating the procedures on a manikin. Then on Monday while we are out on the floor we're going to have to find time to somehow pack up our equipment for Tuesday. It is what it is. Packing that bag is what worries me or makes me nervous more than the actual test. Last night I unpacked my larger bag and took my items out of the big totes and put them into zip lock bags and put them into the tote style bag. I got it all to fit. But now I'm going to have to prep it for the test and put it all back into the big bag because it has to be a closeable bag. I didn't really pack my bags last time, Ashlee did. So I have some sort of silly doubt getting to me. I mean cmon now how hard can it be to figure out what goes in which bag? I guess my issue is the fact that I can't pack it now because I may need the item on Monday for a guest. Monday Monday. Still days away.

I'll be working Dispense tomorrow so hopefully I'll get something done. I heard we might be doing finger waves and pin curls again. I haven't had Mrs J or Mrs V for those so maybe I'll learn some new tricks.
So that was really all for the school day.

However I did book Ashlee last night to let her do a trim for me and maybe something else. I had her booked for 7:15 but as I was leaving today I stopped and checked at the desk and I wasn't listed. Mrs C was looking at it and not only was I missing but so was her earlier guest. But Mrs V came over and said that she unbooked me because there's a special way of booking me so I get my student discount. And it turns out that the other guest was moved somehow or cancelled. So I had the 5:30 slot which gave me an hour to go eat at Bagger Daves in the center. A few weeks ago when i made out my new batch of cards I believe I said I had 81. I had them split in a group of 50 and a group of 31. Of that 31 I was down to 5 in my pocket today. I asked my waitress to give them to anyone that wanted them and she took them. So that leaves 50.

I had Boston Market for lunch and as I was paying I noticed a lady in line with bob length tight light blonde curls. Kinda perm like but spiral like too. I paid and turned to go and she was a bit closer to me and I couldn't help but say "Cute Curls" and kept going as she said thanks. I could have offered a card but I liked her curls too much to mess with them. Whomever did them for her did a great job. I'll let them continue doing so. I may want to become an artist but that doesn't mean I have to paint a Mona Lisa just to say I did.

I let Ashlee trim my hair, do a deep conditioning treatment so I could sit under the dryer for the first time in years. Then a Manicure and went ahead and had a Pedicure too.
Yesterday's entry talked about my quest to visit salons hoping to find a friend. That quest is over. I have found my best friend and she gets to do my trims from now on as long as she's in the area. The salon visits will have to be for some other reason now. But I'm working on that.

Here's the pictures



Thanks for Reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment