Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 84 ~ What To Expect When You're Expecting ~ 11/16/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 84 ~ What To Expect When You're Expecting ~ 11/16/13

583 Hours
25 Guests or Services on a Guest since there are repeats

Today's Hair: Spin Pin Bun with this Heart shaped claw clip biting in for decor.

Ashlee switched to part time which attends nights during the week and then has a classroom day on Saturday so I got to go pick her up and have our usual morning adventure,

Performance Floor Saturday:
Original Agenda:
9:30 - Guest 1 - Shampoo & Thermal
11:00  - Guest 2 - Kid from Kids Party
1:00 - Guest 3 - Color with a Shampoo & Thermal added on

Because some students were absent today everything got changed around and some guests had to be called and cancelled.

My 9:30 guest did come and it was the daughter of a mother daughter pair of regulars. She needed a straightening with an inward curve. So I did what I could do to get it done as fast as I could. As it turns out I got her done at 11:30.
The kids party did show up and it was a nice party. Not a bunch of parents being bossy and the kids seemed like they were just having fun and not a problem. But I didn't get one. As it turns out the kids party is a simple Polish only not a full manicure, a quick updo or a few curls or something fun, and a little bit of makeup. Not a full blown clean the face and follow the steps type. So at least I know what to expect. There will be a next time LOL.

There weren't any kids left not being done so I was asking if I still had my 1:00 and it wasn't showing on the computer so I thought they called and cancelled her. But what I'm now thinking is that we might have been looking at the in progress screen. I went on lunch at 11:50 - 12:20. I got to see Ashlee a bit on lunch so that was cool. We had another little laugh there over a burger delivery.

When I got back from lunch I was about to set up a manikin but Mrs L called me to the desk and handed me a walk-in Haircut. It was a nice lady possibly in her 50's with shoulder length hair with some wave. She wanted just a tiny trim and then she wanted a style with some volume and lift on top to help comb over her fine hair up there. Using her own words "That was a relaxing shampoo" followed by Mrs L walking me through the cut. It was neat the way she showed how to lift the sections and find where just a tiny bit of hair needed to be snipped to match the guide yet clean it up. She had a somewhat round uniform cut except the top was a bit shorter than the length. So then I got out my new "The Hot Brush" brand regular round brush. Its not really different than the other round brush except it claims that the bristles are better aligned for less snagging the hair. Well It was awesome using that brush on my guest and I gave her a great swoopy volumed top and she was happy. She is a regular so I gave her my card so she could request me when she wants to come back. I kinda like that approach better than trying to get them to rebook me right away. Less pressure on them. If they really liked my work I'm sure they'll be back if timing works out.

I sanitized my tools and such and then I took my break. When I came back Mrs L called me to the desk again. This time to introduce me to the 1:00 guest I was going to have. I think she came in and was serviced by another student. Which is fine with me since it was part of the Salon experience of having to move things around. Its going to happen. Its not like I'll always have almost perfect attendance. Apparently Mrs A was looking to book something around Thanksgiving but I am working Dispense that week as mentioned last night. But she might be trying to request me so I might have her another week.

My manikin Anna had her hair still in gelled finger waves and curls from my attempt at doing them for the assignment on her longer hair. So I shampooed her and decided to see if my new brush worked well with manikin hair too. And I'm happy to say that while it wasn't as easy at first with the little bit longer hair than my guest I did get the hang of it and I was twirling and rolling and unrolling and rolling back up and I didn't have the brush getting stuck constantly and having to stop and pick up the hair and start again. I should give it a try on Sequoia or Veronica because that's a good test. Or perhaps even Julie's extra long hair. But I do plan to get more. The similar sized brush that came with my kit kept having the top cap piece popping off and that exposes the edge of the metal mesh or ceramic or whatever that is. But it could cut the hair or scratch skin. Plus the tiwsty screw like nail that the cap was on is exposed. So I tossed that one in the trash.
My new brush is purple too. Its made by the same company that makes The Wet Brush. I haven't tried those yet.
So as it turns out I did work on 3 things after all. Just not quite as many tasks.

I have these two heads full of foils from the other day that I need to shampoo. I would like to try the brush on them then too. I can use blow drying practise of any kind.

Thanks for reading :)
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment