Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 71 ~ Foiled Again ~ 10/30/13

Day 71 ~ Foiled Again ~ 10/30/13

492 Hours

Today's Hair: Spin Pin Bun & some Halloween clips as decor.

Performance Floor:
Part 1: Mrs K from Wella was back this morning and our assignment from her was to do the same herringbone foil technique she taught us using manikin bleach. So here is an illustration I made to show what the process is.
Each line represents a sliced out parting for a foil placement. C & D represents 2 different color formulas being placed on the same strand, one at the new growth and one at the mid strand to ends with dry brushing in between to blend them. B is another color being used on that entire sliced strand. Then A's color would color the hair not in the foils if you were going to change the rest of the hair as well.
However we were not using 3 or 4 colors. Just one bowl of lightener with 20 volume developer. So all we were doing was lightening strands until we felt like stopping them. But that's ok. I had a chance to change the color of one of the two Lori twins so now they can be distinguished from each other.
Here's my results after I blow dried and round brushed her.
 

I did the blow drying after Ashlee and I went for a walk to lunch. Then it was time to get started on the class assignment of fingerwaves and pin curls. I was in a mood thinking that I wasn't going to get done in time to dry them anyway so I set up Angellina Anna with her almost uncut hair. I gave her a tiny sort of trim before. I wanted to challenge myself to try the fingerwaves on long hair. What happens if someone with long hair wants fingerwaves? I'm going to have to learn it right? So I gave it a try. Mrs C came over and was helping me remember how to get started. I gotta remember the pulling an inch forward part. That was my ah ha moment last time and it was this time too. I got down to the ears with my rows and then I started to make the pin curls. But I was struggling with getting the pins to hold the longer hair in place. So Mrs C asked if I had a shorter haired manikin which I just happened to have since I had a bag of them in the cabinet right there. So I handed Deborah to her and she went to prep her while I continued to give Angellina a try. Then she called me over to get me start on Deb. That's when I got the 1 inch reminder and after she showed a few rows I started it over and I got through it enough to do a row of curls and get her under the dryer. I got some good credits in the computer today. Apparently I'm already 22 out of 15 in blow drying. Not sure if that's for the next milestone or for graduation. Sp although I didn't have any guests today I did get a full day in. And Mrs K from Wella liked my foiling so I'm happy with that.

Fingerwaves & pin curls


I do have Friday and Saturday booked fairly solid this week now. I've got both Mrs M and Mrs D for roller sets on Friday since Mrs M's student is working the desk. And I was given a Shampoo & Thermal for Saturday 9:45 with a Haircut & Color coming in at 12 noon. Tomorrow is classroom day with haircutting theory and practical. Its also supposed to be costume day for Halloween. I'm going as Me for a change.

~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment