Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 50 ~ Senior Service Soon ~ 10/1/13

Cosmetology School Journal ~ Day 50 ~ Senior Service Soon ~ 10/1/13

346 Hours complete - 4 to go till 350. When is the day? Wednesday.

Today's Hair: Same braid with flowers as yesterday's entry. I fell asleep in my chair and decided to just keep it.

Classroom day: The next two weeks are Chemistry and leading into our first mock State Board. Which means we go through all the practical services as we would taking the real test. Oddly enough I'm not quite as scared about that as I thought I'd be. It seems more like just another project to get through now. Its a lot of prep work and putting things in containers and baggies. Ok bring it on. I gotta know how to do this stuff if a client comes in this week anyway.

We spent the day doing theory and book work and such. Not a whole lot to write about. We tested some of our products for their pH with test strips.

I asked Mrs C when I'm allowed to switch my name tag from Junior to Senior because I wasn't sure if I had to be 350 or not and she said I could already so I did. So whether it really is official or not I will be tomorrow anyway. I was going to get a picture of the name tag but its on my apron and that's in my other bag in the car right now so I have it to put on when I unpack into my station.

The other story of the day was that even though we were low on supplies I was able to restock my business cards and door knockers so I could prep some more to hand out. Then on break I asked a lady walking by if she'd like one but she declined. But that was my first try on a public person since the customer at the pizza place. The non employee people I mean. So during lunch I posted to FB "lets see if I can work while i walk — feeling curious." and I then proceeded to do my usual walk towards the west end. I got all the way to the corner without having the chance to catch anyone walking out or in a store. They were too far ahead. But I turned around and headed back and I was halfway back when there was a lady coming towards me. I said something like "Excuse me, would you like my card?" and she accepted. I got back to my usual standing spot in front of the school and posted "one walk = one card given"
I still had some time so I thought I'd walk the other direction and see what happens. Out of 4 ladies that I asked 2 accepted. So that puts me up to 30 cards given so far in 4 days. Its fun now. In the past a rejection could have crushed me. Doesn't even phase me now. OMG she said no. Who's next?.............
Just keep walking just keep walking. I know I can make the cards dissappear. So it just takes time. Just not as much as I thought it would. I feel unstoppable. I am untangled.

Onward ~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment