Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 69 ~ Wash, Roll, Dry - Repeat ~ 10/25/13

Day 69 ~ Wash, Roll, Dry - Repeat ~ 10/25/13

478 Hours
15 Guests (1 has repeated 4 times)

Hair Today: Pink Scrunchie Higher Bun. I'm still working on getting my tails and buns higher. This looks a lot lower than it felt LOL. I used my spin pins to hold it and then put the fuzzy scrunchie around it as decor.



Performance Salon Floor: Friday Dance Day. 
Quote from last night's entry, "I have a pedicure booked at 11:45 with a friend tomorrow and that should allow me to also take care of Mrs D's roller set. So basically I'll have a bit of time before then to try whatever the assignment is for the day if the celebrations don't go too long. Hopefully they don't give me a guest in that small window. Unless its something I can get done in time. So lets see what kind of friday fun rolls my way." 
On the way in this morning I was thinking about how its Friday and that the chances were good that I would get a guest right away. I took my supplies inside along with Suzie still in her white bricklay rods. I figured I would need to remove them anyway if I did an assigned practical involving perms. So we danced and celebrated and one of my FB student friends graduated. She reached not only Master Designer status but she did it twice. Every card I hand out, every post I make somewhere trying to bring in a guest, is me saying, "it has been done, it can be done, and I should be able to, and I'm going to try" not because I want the school to make money or sell products. But because I need to know I'm worth taking the chance on. And As I type that its almost silly these days to even say that anymore. 2 people that I had never met in person have booked me. There's no reason anymore to doubt anyone else will. Those 40+ cards are handed out. The odds are in my favor and will continue to be. 

While I'm thinking of it I just gotta say how much I love that smell. Its not to say I enjoy having to smell it but I love the smell of the sulfur from the relaxers and perms. There's just something comforting in the knowledge that I'm supposed to smell that. It smells like Home. The home I'm going to have. People will be walking up a pretty pathway to a beautiful door to an enchanted place and they will be guests in my home. Not a little basement chair like some would assume I'd have. But a salon at my home. There are ways to do it and I will do them the way I need to. And its going to be beautiful. You know me and my visions and projects.

So anyway back to the quote from yesterday. We danced, well I sorta did. My way. My feet were moving. They're always moving these days. We were about to be done celebrating when the second graduate made it in so we got going again. At some point I looked at my watch and it said 9:37. That may have been before or after we started again. The student from the desk came up to me and said that she was giving me Mrs M the other friday roller set because her usual student hadn't come in yet. So tiny panic with knowing I only had 2 hours but hey its only a roller set right? Lets look at the ticket........Oh a haircut too?
____/\_____/\___/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\/\/\/\
Mrs C was there for the morning today since there's no part time afternoon on Friday. So I went and greeted guest Mrs M and got her to the chair and I went to Mrs C and asked her for help. I could have cared less if I stood and watched her do the whole thing if it meant getting done in time. As it turned out Mrs C cut a few of the guides for the round layer cut and then I did the matching and blending. So I cut at least 55-60% of the cutting. And when she checked it she only cut the equivelent of trimming two fingernails off with clippers. Then she rolled about 40% of the blue rollers and I did about 60%. We got Mrs M under the dryer and out the door at 11:30. So I got the pedicure area set up and then checked FB on my phone and saw that my friend was stuck at work and couldn't make it. So at least now I know how to set it up since I did have to ask some questions from the other students. Then I removed Suzie's perm rods. Then I went on lunch at 12:25. 
Mrs D came in for her 1:30 for the 4th time. We had another nice time. Its comforting to know that she's coming every week. I could probably try rolling her hair with my eyes closed and she'd be happy with how it turned out. Just gotta spray it good. I had Friday Fun. 

Tuesday is Classroom and we start the Haircutting 2 portion which is mens cutting. So I have two weeks of that. I hope I can find a way to get a male guest in for the rubric. No one had a guest for the relaxers in my group. Its a hurdle I want to jump. I mean its a free haircut. Gotta be someone who wants one. Maybe I could even get a lady in who wants short hair. Wish I knew where my friend from back in 2000 was. She wore short short hair.

 So lets see what the weekend brings. I already have a few plans.
 Thanks for reading, much appreciated, love you all <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment