Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 65 ~ That's Some Piggyback.~ 10/21/13

Day 65 ~ That's Some Piggyback.~ 10/21/13

450 Hours
12 Guests

Today's Hair: I ran short on time so I put two pink bands on my tail and put my spin pins and a pink clip in bow in my pocket to put in a bun later. But they stayed in the pocket the whole day.

Performance Salon Floor: With my car back in action I had the pleasure of Ashlee's company on the way in again. Always a fun adventure. When i arrived and checked the computer I still didn't see anything booked for me today. Today's assignment was piggyback perm wraps. This is where you use 2 or more perm rods on one strand of hair so you can roll longer hair on the small rods. Only a few people had even leanred it before because its not a requirement to learn. So first Mrs E did a demo of a strand or two and then we had to do a whole head before we could do any other practicals. That's how it is from now on. You do the assignment or you don't get credit for any manikin work of other kinds. Luckily I had enough gray rods in my trunk to do mine because I didn't realize I had brought the white ones home. I took most of my manikins with me including Kim and Suzie with her new cut. It was on the off chance that I would be able to practise a cut on one of them and show one of the instructors Suzie. As it turns out after grabbing one of the two bags and bringing it in I had a choice of Kim, Sequoia, or Suzie to do the piggyback on. I chose Kim. I got a bit of a late start with break coming so fast and having to go get my rods from the car but I did get going. Student N had a lady with long blonde hair getting her darker blonde new growth lightened. The lady had her toddler girl with her. I'd say no more than 3. So the whole time I was working on the perm I was being entertained by everyone interacting with her. Including myself. I got to take her to the lobby go get her a style picture book. And then later on she asked me for a perm rod so I let her keep a white one. Mrs E assigned Ashlee and I to take our lunch at 1. At about 12:30 Mrs E told me I had a facial wax guest coming in at 1. I asked if I should go to lunch right away but she said no because its just the wax and I thought "Yeah that's true there should be plenty of time after that." A few minutes later she came back and said the guest was coming at 1:30 so I went to lunch with Ashlee at 1 after all. And that was awesome.

When I got back the guest had arrived. As it turns out the ticket said not only the facial wax & tweeze but also haircut. So I kinda went into scramble mode since I wasn't expecting to have to get my station ready. The waxing cart is over by the shampoo bowls and that's where we do that since the chairs recline. But it wasn't too difficult to get ready since I was using the vacant station next to me for the manikin stuff. Mrs C had arrived for the afternoon shift then. The other day when I was on desk I had to call a lady and cancel her appointment because her student didn't show. This was a different cancellation than the one I mentioned in Saturday's entry. This lady called back and was asking if she could reschedule on Saturday or something. She then called again asking something about could she perm her hair since she just colored it and the instructors were tied up so I couldn't get them to talk to her on the phone. We asked her to call back in a few minutes but she didn't. Lets just say I was using my meat department experience with this lady and getting backup. Anyway long story short when I looked at my ticket today it was her. Mrs M wanted to have just some thin brows and a tiny bit of her bob and bangs trimmed. So I let Mrs C help me out with the procedure. After she did a bit of the brows and a bit of the chin she turned it over to me. So I cleaned up what was left with the wax and tweezing. And Mrs M was very nice and even after asking several times she kept saying I wasn't hurting her. Then I had a bit of a struggle to get her set in the chair right to get her neck aligned with the bowl so I had Mrs E help me. I got her shampooed and back to the chair and then Mrs C cut the guide. And then I did the rest. I had Mrs E check it and she snipped about 3 hairs. Then I got to just chip the bangs a tiny bit. Then it was blow drying time and Mrs C gave a few pointers on that. Mrs M seemed to like me and I think we are in agreement that she should request me next time she comes. She wasn't ready to rebook but I at least gave her my card. On my way out at 4:30 Mrs Sherri was talking to some ladies at the desk. It appeared as though they were asking some info and Mrs Sherri gave them some menu cards and such. They're potential future guests. I held the door open for them both and then when we got outside I offered them both my card so perhaps they'll request me. Plus I had an extra card to give so they can pass that on.

So while I didn't do the cutting I was going to do I did something and had a guest after all. I have just the top of my piggyback left to do. I'll have to do that on Wednesday afternoon if I get my color retouch guest done in time. It shouldn't be too difficult to do unless there's more than just brushing something on. I need to get myself out of the mind set that I'm slow. I'm not really slow anymore. Its just the odd things that pop up that are holding me back like the shampoo chair today. I was slow on the waxing and tweezing but its new to me. I'd only waxed once before and it was an arm. That's a much different surface with less curves and situations than someone's eyelid. I'm so thankful I got this guest today. I had no fear of doing this service today. I was glad to be having the opportunity to try it and help someone. And it turned out how it should. It really is magic. Its real. Its really real. This is what I'm supposed to be doing. I love this. Its Beauitful.

Love you all too
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment