Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 58 ~ 400 Hours Reached ~ 10/10/13

Day 58 ~ 400 Hours Reached ~ 10/10/13

401 Hours complete

Today's Hair: Rainbow Pom Pom ribbony bands. I wore one at the nape and one at the ends. This older picture shows them both at the nape.

Classroom Day:
Quiz Day for Chemistry and Properties of Hair & Scalp. 20 out of 20 for 100%
 
After the quiz there was still time before lunch so Mrs C had us practising our figure 8 curls with a Marcel iron. This is where we click and turn the iron so that the hair feeds into the curl as its wound down with the iron. When the curl is done and the iron removed if you split the curl in the middle you'll see a sidways figure 8.

I will now move on to more of what happened yesterday because I left something out that did kinda bug me. and I needed some time to chew it over. I was on top of the world yesterday at school and that whole place was having a purple party. At the end of the day I went in to the Rehearsal class to tell Mrs C what I had done and to show her the picture and before I could get it out she says something like "So what did you do today? Color? I saw you over there yik yaking and your hands weren't moving. How long did that take you?" And I told the truth about it being like 4 hours. I didn't need her to tell me I was using too much time. If you've been reading this journal you know I already know I need to improve this. This happened to be a brand new service for me to do. So I didn't show her the picture. But it didn't kill my joy either. 

This morning I was preparing myself to tell her how I really felt had she felt the need to use me as some sort of lesson. For months she has been using the "Start at the salon or place you want to end up" money lesson on us. I was going to tell her that there's no way I will ever not talk to my guests and that I'm starting from the heart and finishing there. My speed and skills will come. I went into the classroom and settled in and wasn't celebrating or any of that. I just settled in and got ready for quiz review. She came in and first she had us write out 5 things we could do to improve how we did on the Mock State Board. And then we shared those. Then she started asking people if they had any stories to share from the floor and I kept to myself. A few others told a few. Then she brought up mine and asked about how it went and I simply said, "It went well and it was a team effort." and I left it at that. The second half of the day was going to be for personal services or makeup quizzes so I pretty much knew what I was going to be doing. But first I went to Sally Beauty next door during lunch and I stocked up for home practise. I got a big jug of colesterol cream, foils, some extra metail tail combs for doing foils because I dropped mine yesterday, a couple small hair brushes in case I have more than one guest before I can wash the one I have. And I went ahead and bought the plug in pressing comb. I got back from lunch and set up to do foils. I didn't say I was doing them. I just went to work. We were out of colesterol so I was using our bulk pink gel which spreads a lot easier. This time I started properly with my sectioning to do the diagonals. I put a few in and then she offered to show me an easier method. So I let her. Here's interesting part. After hearing don't use a regular rat tail comb in the other class with Mrs J now Mrs C is saying she prefers them over the metal one. So she showed me her way and I had a bit of an ah ha moment when I was getting the hair to once again stick to the foils when I brushed on the gel so I could then hold the foil instead of the hair. So I went to work and she left me alone. Not another word after that so I musta been doing it good enough. Break was at 2 and I finished at about 2:30, maybe after. But I still had some time to kill so I set Angelina aside and draped Reese and went to work on her. I still had a full second bowl of gel and plenty of foils. And I got her done before 4. When I was almost done Mrs C said something about "goes much faster without the yik yaking" and I just smiled and nodded type thing because I was back on track. Mrs C did have a bit of a rough day otherwise so I'm glad I did not have to part of that. Today was the last day of her being the rehearsal teacher for us for a while. I heard we're getting Mrs J again and Mrs C told me she's going to the floor. So we'll see how things go. Especially on Wednesday morning when my new friend comes for her haircut appointment. In the meantime I will be on the floor tomorrow with an unknown morning facing me and Mrs D coming in for my second roller set with her. And then I'll have a few days to recharge and perhaps practise something. But this is not the old me who sits and sulks about being slow. Instead I will beat it like I did with my perm wraps. And I will still strive for quality to go with my hair Care.

They were in my tote bag on the front seat and then it spilled into the leg area as I pulled in the driveway so they got a bit messed up.



~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment