Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 62 ~ Extended Relaxing ~ 10/17/13

Day 62 ~ Extended Relaxing ~ 10/17/13

429 Hours

Today's Hair Part 1: I gave wearing a banana clip a try. I just bought this one at Glitter at the Mall.

Classroom Day: We started the day by going to the floor for roll call and some announcements. One of our product lines is changing some of their products so Mrs L told us about the changes.
Then we returned to the classroom and according to the board it was going to be mostly a theory day. We did some theory review and quiz review and a trivia type game. Then Mrs J set up to demo a relaxer on a Naomi manikin. She asked for a volunteer to comb her out and I jumped at it literally. So I combed and sectioned her.

Ashlee and I both walked down to Boston Market and back and had lunch together. On my way a lady was about to enter a store and I slowed us up just enough to grab the door for her. And then as she was saying thanks I offered my card and she accepted. Then on the way back A lady was entering Ulta and she got into the store before I could get to her but I said "Pretty Curls". I was in quite a mood today and she did have pretty curls. They looked like they were fairly moisturized or something was making them shine and had a nice dark color. Maybe a chocolate color. This was the second time I had shouted out a compliment. A week or so ago when I was outside for break a lady with an awesome braid was walking towards Sally and I shouted out "Awesome braid" and gave her a thumbs up. I was on break so I couldn't technically approach her with a card since we're supposed to be on campus.

After Lunch Mrs J did a few brushes of the relaxer on Naomi and asked if any of us wanted to try it and I was standing right there so I jumped at it again and did a few strands and then handed off to Ashlee and then another student took a turn. Then Mrs J finished off the back. She's saving the front portions for tomorrow's group. So after the back processed I got to do the rinsing and neutralizing shampooing too. So I got a few extra credits for my part.We took an earlier break before 2 pm because we had a guest speaker coming in.

While on break I did what I usually do and noticed a lady wheeling a suitcase towards the door so I opened it for her. My hunch turned out to be correct when it was she who did the demo for us. She was showing us some items for learning hair extensions of different types and talking about an upcoming class in Detroit on Nov 3. Then she let us each get a strand to either put in someone's hair or get put in. I received a piece but didn't put one in. But that's ok because I'm going to the show and I'm going to get whatever certification they're offering. She said they will stay and work with us until we learn it. So I'm in. I may never do a head of extensions but I'm going to learn it. She said something neat about if someone with long hair came in and got it cut short I could save their hair and give them their own hair right backas extensions if they didn't like the cut. So I guess the old "can't put it back" is kinda out the window now. Because all you have to do is feed the hair through the little bead and crimp it or use the keratin fusion or another method.

She didn't have Purple but here is the Red strand that Ashlee got to put in for me.

Tomorrow is Performance Floor Day. I have to work the reception desk for the first part of the day and then I'm supposed to be allowed to do Mrs D's cut and roller set. But we'll see what happens.And then I'll probably be on Desk again Saturday.

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment