Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 70 ~ Shiny Fish Bones ~ 10/29/13

 Day 70 ~ Shiny Fish Bones ~ 10/29/13

485 Hours

Today's Hair: Polka Dot Band Bow

Classroom Day: Start of Haircutting 2 - Male Haircuts.
I went in today assuming it was going to be some sort of theory in the morning and then manikin practise later on. Not quite. First we had new transfer student from another location. Ashlee and I hooked up with B right away and had her at our table. When I looked at the board today I was a bit confused by the supplies it was telling us we needed. Tint bowls and brushes didn't seem like they were haircutting related. Well it turns out that it was in fact 10/29 and that was one of the days that the Wella rep was coming in to teach us something. So that was to take place 1-4pm. As for the haircutting theory all we really got today was the words to write down. And then Mrs J was showing us some cowlicks and growth patterns on one of the students. Then at 11:20 we partnered up to shampoo one of the pair and demonstrate combing the hair while wet to see the way the hair looks when combed. Um yeah so anyway I shampooed Ashlee and she shampooed B and then we came back to class. I combed Ashlee's hair a bit and looked at her growth patterns and then I dried and round brushed her. Then it was lunch time.

After lunch it was time to start setting up for the Wella class. The lady came in and talked about some pictures in the trend booklet. There were 4 seasonal and sound themed looks. She went through the formulas and application procedure for 2 of the 4. Then we were to try 1 of the 2. But we were using colesterol and not real color. So we were pretending that the same bowl of colesterol was actually 3 different bowls of color. We were standing in front of our manikins and we were putting foils in with a zig zag or fish / herring bone pattern going down the center from the forhead back. We were putting formula C near on the new growth area and formula D on the mid strand to ends. Then we were to dry brush to blend them in the middle. Then use another foil to cover the slice instead of folding so that if it were real the colors wouldn't touch each other. Then every third foil on each side was going to be formula B on the whole strand and that foil was foldable. Formula A was going to be put on the hair that wasn't foiled in between if this were real. The lady liked the work I did which swells my head a bit because I'm so new at this. I was hoping we were going to use actual color and I had one of the new Lori twins as my model so I could get one a different color to tell them apart. The Wella lady said she would be on the floor with us tomorrow. At the moment I don't have any guests coming in. I do know that the assignment out there today was fingerwaves and pin curls that had to be done, dried, and combed out. Just the drying time alone makes me leary about finishing that one. As much as I don't want to do the assignment for the concern of not finishing it there's more of me that knows I have to get the MPA credit for it anyway and that I want to learn the heck out of them so I'm not so discouraged by the thought of them. Its something I need to know. There are uses for the knowledge and abilities.

So we'll have to wait and see what happens. But that's part of the fun. The unknown is what I'm living for. Walk ins are part of the fun. Its always a chance to help someone.

~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment