Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 60 ~ Relaxin & Gellin ~ 10/15/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 60 ~ Relaxin & Gellin ~ 10/15/13

415 Hours

Today's hair: Ponytail with just the purple velvet scrunchie at the nape.

Classroom Day: Starting month 2 of Rehearsal.
Since there are a ton of new people in the workshop class they had us switch rooms so I am now back in the room that we used for workshop. But oddly enough it was not as Deja Vu as it should have been because I was on the opposite side of the room and the tables were in rows more like I'd just been sitting at in the other room. So it was more like being in a new room. But we have Mrs J again so its like the more things change the more they repeat. And with that comes this next two weeks of study.

Relaxers: We had relaxer theory and practical with Mrs J in workshop so this is like a really soon review.
We started the day by first having a fire drill and then by having a tornado drill. That pretty much got us to break time by the time we got settled in. After break it was some theory and some asking about relaxers and such that students had actually already done on the floor. Then the purple color I did last week was brought up and we brought the swatch book in and I wrote down the formula they mixed up so I can get it entered into the info for the friend I did it for. Plus I can mix it myself next time if someone wants purple. I also mentioned that I have the curl reformation to do tomorrow. Its a perm. I mean its not supposed to be any harder to do. I wrap the hair on rods. I use chemicals. Its supposed to take a curl. I'm going to do what I have to and I'm going to make it happen. As much as I can. I'm probably putting more expectation and pressure on myself than anyone else is. But I'm starting to calm down a bit out there.

For lunch I was out of my usual store bought stuff so I walked down to Boston Market at the end and got a bowl and walked back. I love being able to walk down there and back in only a few minutes. It took me 10 minutes total with having to stand in line for a few minutes. The standing took more time. But I didn't have to wait for them to make it so it left plenty of eating time when I got back.

After lunch we did book theory a bit. But we were basically highlighting stuff we had highlighted a few weeks ago. After break we did timed applications. We parted into 4 sections. We're out of colesterol so we were using gel. We had 7 minutes to do one section. I got it done before the buzzer. We had 5 minutes to do the next section. I had finished applying and was pulling my strands back down like a banana as it went off. Then we had 4 minutes and I only had the two front sections left with half as much hair. I beat that. Then we had 3 minutes and I beat that. Wiht the time that was left we were free to do manikin practicals or work on each other if it was something simple. I went and got the only manikin I had left in my locker with long enough hair to use and it happened to be Deborah with her shorter yet long enough hair. I decided that I was going to go ahead and do another head since we had plenty of time for it since we'd just done a head in less than 30 minutes. So I set the timer for 20 minutes. I finished in 21 because I had to go get a bit of gel to finish the last section. And that pretty much finished off the day. I brought Deb and Suzie home and I just finished shampooing them and also Reese and Angellina who still had the foils in from the other day. Then I dried them. Took me just under 2 hours for 4 heads. My purple hair dryer is not as good as the one from school. It was not drying the hair even after going over and over the same area. I pulled my school dryer out of my bag and it got the job done fairly fast. I still think the purple one is just messed up from sucking my hair into it the first time I used it.

Over the weekend I went to the Mall on Sunday and I gave out 4 cards there and 2 more at the gas station so I'm up to 41 given by me and I've given several to friends and family to hand out. I need to restock. I'm down to about 3. I've got plenty of the card itself but I need more of the knockers or menus to attach them to. Hopefully some came in.

I get to walk in tomorrow and get right to work on a haircut for my new FB friend. I think we're gonna have some fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment