Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 51 ~ Yay 350 Hours, Whoa Slow Down The Train ~ 10/2/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 51 ~ Yay 350 Hours, Whoa Slow Down The Train ~ 10/2/13

353 Hours

Today's hair: Just a simple tail with a Pink bow.

Performance Floor day: I started the day by going to station 11 and unpacking with the intent of doing a perm. I had Deb and short haired Penny still sectioned and ready to go except for wetting down. But right after roll call Mrs. V asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to go into Dispense so I jumped at it. I figured I could still do a perm back there anyway and its better back there. Student with a B name was also back there with me all day.
I had intended to try small perm rods again but since I would need to work the dispense I thought I'd better opt for something with less rods. So I took my time and did a basic perm on Deb with the orchid rods like I did a few days ago. Between that and doing the laundry and dishing goop I got done around 2:30 break. I came back and took her rods out and looked at my watch and it said it was just after 3. I didn't want to stand around for an hour so I told myself it was Go time. I had put her sectioning back as I removed the rods so she was ready. I didn't set the timer since the timer would be a teacher saying its "4, time for Sani's"
I think when I started my watch said 3:08. I was still handing things out while working. I got the last rods or two in right after my watch beeped for 4 pm. So while one took me all day I was able to get 2 done. That's 2 more of the at least 15 perms and part of the 80 total perms or relaxers. I need to check how many that is now. I might have them already. Although my guess would be closer to 12.

Card Report: I walked back and forth 2 times on lunch but I didn't quite catch up to many people. I think I asked 2. The second lady was actually approaching me with a penny and said something about "Here have a lucky penny" and I replied "can I give you something?" and offered the card but she declined. I struck out on all the ones I asked today. I think it was 3 or 4. But that's ok cuz I got that walking in and the practise.

After School: I'm not quite unstoppable yet. I had a bit of a reminder. My drive home is 8 miles. at mile 6 as I was about to turn onto my home road I heard a chunk noise as if I ran something over. As I turned the corner I heard my tire rumbling a familiar sound. I limped the mile to the intersection with a gas station and put air in it but it was gushing out. I went across the street to the mechanic that was still open but he doesn't have tires. The tire was already flat again so I got out my jack and spare and went to work. But when i got the lug nuts off I couldn't get the tire to budge. My thought was that there was some trick to getting the tire off since this car is newer to me. So I put the lugs back on and limped the .7 miles left home. Then my brother who already works his butt off saved the day and bashed the tire until it came loose. He got the spare on and I drove to the tire place and got there just before their 6 pm close. They put the new tire on for me at no extra charge. On the way back I stopped for gas and the cashier accepted my card.

I'm not stopped. Just slowed down for the moment. With a lot of help I'm still going to make it to school tomorrow and not be driving on a spare.
Flat tires plagued me last time. I guess they just like me when I'm in school.

So I reached 350 hours. Tomorrow is a classroom day. I know I've got Mrs D coming in for her roller set on Friday at 1:30. So she may or may not be my first guest. Plenty of time before that and Friday is a busier day. So we'll see. I also am there Saturday so who knows what I'll do. Regency does have Princess parties and we do get booked for them. So its always possible that I could have a kid's manicure, updo, and makeup.

Fun times ahead.
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment