Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 61 ~ Keep Calm and Keep Calm ~ 10/16/13

Day 61 ~ Keep Calm and Keep Calm ~ 10/16/13

422 Hours
10 Guests

Today's Hair: Bun held with 2 spin pins. Clip in Purple bow with white hearts. Got it at Glitter at the mall this weekend. I have 2.

Performance Floor:
Today's schedule was supposed to read 10 am friend H coming for a haircut. 12 noon Mrs B coming for a curl reformation. I had asked H if she could come before 10 and she was able to. When I arrived today I was ready and not in a rush. I unpacked and set up. As I was taking my empty bag to my locker Mrs E who is now on the floor with us tells me "Robert did you know you're assigned to desk today?" to which I was caught off guard and responded "I have a request coming in and another assigned to me." She said she would talk to Mrs Sherri. I must say that I'm not the same person I was because while I was very very concerned that my friend would be turned away or given to someone else or rescheduled for a day other than a few minutes from then, I was upset but in control. I told Ashlee about it and I was just trying to let the powers that be sort it out. A few minutes later Mrs. Sherri came out of the office and said that the computer must have scheduled me for the desk before I was legal and that I could keep my requested appointment for this morning and Mrs D on friday but I would work the desk the rest of the floor days this week. Which I was ok with. It meant I would miss out on the curl reformation and the kids party and Ashlee had told me that I was also scheduled for another updo on Saturday. But those were gone. So I was back on track and had enough time to get my stuff cleaned that I was intending to clean. And H arrived early like we had planned.

Except now I was not in any hurry to get her done because I didn't have a 12 noon coming for me. H is probably the best guest a student could get. It would have taken a disaster to get her to even be a little mad at me. Mrs E is a by the book type instructor. And I had only had her in class for a few hours so far. I was in the process of putting on the strip and cape and she came over and basically told me the procedure of take her to the bowl and then we'll consult about the haircut and such and such. It threw me off a bit because I was wanting to just sit H down, go to work, and do what I need to do. I need to practise my consultations and such and get on my game. So I was kinda, not fumbling this time, but hesitating because I didn't want Mrs E getting mad at me or taking over or something. So I was like "is it ok for me to start shampooing?"
And then when I got H back to the chair it was kinda more of the same with "Section her out in 4 and I'll be back to show you........" and I sectioned her and we were having a great time. But I decided that I was going for it. I can trim hair. I was doing the blunt trim before the long layers. I cut the bottom back, dropped some, cut some more. Then she came over and wasn't upset. She basically guided me to the next section up and then left. Then she came back and noticed I was doing the move around the body trim and she said it was better to just do the pull back and trim. Then she showed me how to do the first part of the sides and walkd away. I finished the two sides and as I was Mrs E was basically running the floor like a classroom and asking perm theory questions. So I was answering a few as I was cutting. Next she came over to show me how to do the top guide and asked if I wanted to point cut or use a razor and I chose point cutting because I hadn't tried it before. And then she showed how to blend the sides on a few bits and then had me do the rest. Then she came back and checked it and fixed some. She showed me how some students slide their fingers a bit too much and end up missing some and I thought to myself, Yep that's what I did. And then she showed me how to do the longer face framing and then it was time for me to blow dry. She helped me figure out which product to try and in this case we tried a light weight mousse caled Whipped Cream by Sebastian. So what I thought was going to be a State board type experience turned out to be more like her merging into my lane a few times and then exiting out. So I'm trusting her. I had a ball and a half with H. Glad I get to have her come back. It really was a pleasure to have her there and meet her and then add in the pleasure of working with such a beautiful lady. And That's how my day was going to end.........

Oh wait, Mrs E told me to take my lunch and then come right back and take my morning break. So I lunched at 12:40-1:09 and then took the break. I came back from break and asked if I was going to the desk. Mrs E says ask Mrs L who had arrived.

After I explained the situation of the morning to Mrs L and asked what I'm doing today she responds "You're going to come over and do these curls" or something to that effect and I knew what she was talking about. So I walked over to where almost graduating student J was doing the haircut on Mrs B who I was supposed to have curl reformed. And after the cut I got to wrap most of the pink rods of it. This was the same but different. First you put the wrapping solution on which is like a conditioner type liquid. So we put some on a small area so I could have time to wrap it before adding more. I bricklay wrapped the whole from the ears back portion. I was wearing black gloves and they were coated with the white somewhat sticky lotion. And I'm trying to grab the perm papers with my fingers like that. It was a fun challenge but nothing too hard once I got going. I then wrapped the right side and as I was about to get the last 2 in on the right Mrs L came over to do the left and I didn't mind that at all. I was like, "I don't mind sharing with you Mrs L cuz you shared with me. (when she helped me with my first guest and the flat ironing and let me finish it)"
Then Mrs C went through the processing and rinsing steps with me and helped me out and that was nice. And then we took the rods out, led her back to the chair and I put a finishing type product in with some very light scrunching. And I made curls. That was not the hair I was wrapping. The lady who was barely able to speak said enough to let me know she was having a ball and when she saw those curls and then went to show her sister she was really really happy.

And That is how my day finished.
My day started to be broken down but in the end it was reformed beautifully.

I love this. <3
Thanks H for being you :)

~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment