Monday, October 21, 2013

~ Sunday With Suzie ~

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Sunday With Suzie ~

This is an entry about what I did today at home on my Sunday off.
In last night's entry I talked about dealing with my lack of haircutting practise and what that did with Mrs D. I said I planned to practise somehow. I ordered 2 more manikin heads from Ebay and they should get here Tuesday the earliest. In the meantime I posted today on FB that I was going to give either my Suzie or Kim manikin a haircut of some length and let people vote who should go first. Suzie won the vote. So after being a wuss all day I finally got everything set up and went about giving her the haircut I've had the most trouble with that's also the one I tried on Mrs D. The round layers. I cut her nape guide at 7 inches or a comb length and that took about 6 inches off. Since her hair is layered already the way it comes its not really cutting that much off the whole head. But I'd say everywhere had at least 3 inches cut. I accomplished the cut and other than getting a tiny bit shorter on the first left back section I am very satisfied with how I did with no help or interruptions by someone wanting to tell me to move my arm or step back or something.

Looking at her and running my hands through what I created is an amazing feeling. Its beautiful but its also one more doubt that I've overcome. I can do this right. I can handle the hair and cut it. This is the cut I have to do for State Board. I'm no longer scared of it. Its just one more beautiful thing I can do.

I will not let anything be hard. I will practise it. I will make the mistakes and learn not to do them. I will enjoy this. If I have to go to the pro stores and buy the color and practise with it to learn it I will. I have signed up and paid to go to the extension class in November. Its one more thing I can learn and then find out I love to get to do.

I don't care if I get credit or not. I'm going to practise when I can. The practise is what matters. Not the credit.

Here's the pictures for the journal. I've also put them on FB already.








No comments:

Post a Comment