Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 63 ~ It's A Great Day At Regency, Robert Speaking, How May I Help You? ~ 10/18/13

Day 63 ~ It's A Great Day At Regency, Robert Speaking, How May I Help You? ~ 10/18/13

436 Hours
(Gosh almost been another 100 since I reached 350. That went fast)
11 Guests - 1 has come 3 times.

Today's Hair: Purple Hairstick Bun. I redid this several times and thenaround noon took the sticks out and left my 2 banded tail loose. I was trying to wear something fancy for being behind the desk. Tomorrow I'll probably use the spin pins again.

Performance Salon Floor:
Desk Duty today. It was my first time being at the reception desk and thankfully there was a veteran student with me. Especially since today turned out to be one of the most hectic days at those phones and computers. I spent most of the time watching her and the instructors trying to shuffle things about on the computer than I did learning or doing. But I did get to answer some phone calls and I learned a few things that I was able to do without help.

When Mrs D came at 1 for her haircut and roller set I tried to step on the gas and not fiddle fart around. I shampooed her and went about trying to cut a uniform / 90 degree round cut all by myself without asking for help or a guide. I did the back. Unfortunately It ended up looking more like the square layer cut and got a bit too short back there. So I stopped myself and went to get Mrs L. I had the choice between her and Mrs C so i gave Mrs L a try. I told Mrs D it might be shorter than I meant and she really didn't care. And Mrs L didn't seem upset by anything either and just went about doing the top and sides and showing me how to rest my hand next time to get a better finger hold. The rollers were a bit more difficult to do with the shorter hair but I ended up not doing much of the back. Mrs C helped with the comb out. She really misses doing them. I'm going to have to step up my card handing out to potential roller sets to help satisfy her needs :)

Had this been any other person in the chair I probably would have had a rotten day and made someone really mad. But Mrs D likes me and she's still got me booked next week. And I love walking her out that door and seeing that its another nice day out. That's 3 sunny days so far for us to talk about. This week marked her 2 years of coming to Regency.

I've got some car issues that are threatening to keep me from being able to go to school tomorrow. So we'll see what happens tomorrow night as to whether you see Day 64 yet.

~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment