Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 68 ~ Pressing Matters ~ 10/24/13

Day 68 ~ Pressing Matters ~ 10/24/13

471 Hours

Today's Hair: It was wear pink day with a donation to student council's fund. I wasn't wearing a pink shirt since I don't have one that's not my hoodie. But I loaded up my tail and still donated to the fund.

Classroom Day: Last day of the Relaxers portion of Rehearsal. We spent the morning going over some dress code rules and some other things and then reviewing relaxers. Then came the quiz and I got 100%. or 20 of 20.

For lunch I walked to Boston. Boston Market that is at the corner of the center. I gave a card to the lady at the register. I said "You know where that is right?" I had already bantered with her about my gravy choice.

After lunch it was time for the other half of the class to do their Relaxer rubrics. Since I had done mine that meant today was for me to do manikin practicals of choice. I had the new Lori twins with me as a possibility of cutting but I chose to start by trying out my electric pressing comb on the curls that were still in Veronica's hair from the white rod perm wet set she got before I used her for the 1950's kitchen scene for Salon fair.

So here is a before and after


I enjoyed using the comb. I also had several students who wanted to give using it a try so that was neat. So technically her straightening is a cooperative effort.
I think this is the first time I've done something with Veronica at this school not counting the salon fair. It was nice to find something to perform on her since its not always easy to comb through her hair. But her hair felt nice afterward. Not quite as coarse feeling.

I have a pedicure booked at 11:45 with a friend tomorrow and that should allow me to also take care of Mrs D's roller set. So basically I'll have a bit of time before then to try whatever the assignment is for the day if the celebrations don't go too long. Hopefully they don't give me a guest in that small window. Unless its something I can get done in time. So lets see what kind of friday fun rolls my way.

~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment