Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 66 ~ Relax Its Just A Rubric.~ 10/22/13

Day 66 ~ Relax Its Just A Rubric.~ 10/22/13

457 Hours

Today's Hair: Banded tail with pink bands. I put these crochet flower clips in as decor that I got at Gymboree.

Classroom Day: Today is day one of two days this week for half the class to do their technical rubric for applying relaxers. We did half the head as virgin and half the head as retouch. I tried to get a model in to get a free relaxer but I didn't see anyone bite at the offer. No one else had a model today. We watched a relaxer related movie for the first part of the day. Then we did the rubrics after lunch. I did my rubrics today and passed them both. The real test will always be each and every time I do them for real. There's no assuming when it comes to anything hair related so it will always be a test and experiment.
Not much else to report class wise.

On morning break I offered a card to the lady coming out of the shoe store but she said her daughter is a stylist so i replied "Really? That's awesome"
On the way home I stopped at Aldi to get some canned goods for our food drive at school. I was second in line and when I put the divider on the belt the lady behind me said thanks. So I offered my card. She asked if we do something besides hair as she was holding it and I showed her that it had the whole menu. She looked and saw the mani's and pedi's and mentioned the price and said that's good. So we'll see if she comes in. :)

When I checked the computer today the color retouch I was scheduled for tomorrow was missing. I also see that I'm part of the kids party coming on November 16th. So I'm working on trying to fill the chair with smiling faces in the meantime. I like that practise better than the empty chair.

So lets see what happens tomorrow :)
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment