Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 64 ~ It's Another Great Day At Regency, Robert Speaking, How May I Help You? ~ 10/19/13

Day 64 ~ It's Another Great Day At Regency, Robert Speaking, How May I Help You? ~ 10/19/13

443 Hours

Today's Hair: 2 small black bands on my tail and twisted into a bun held with 2 spin pins. No picture but it held all day. I like spin pins. 2 for $1 and they're working like I spent $40.

So this journal entry has been made possible with the help of friends from the grocery store I worked at who gave me a ride to school and student J who offered to drive me home. I also had the possibility of elementary school friend D helping me get home. I had what I assumed to be a brake line leak so I took my car to the corner gas station this morning and co-worker friend followed me and then drove me to school. The car was done while I was still at school so I just had to get dropped off and pick it up after school. The mechanics had gone home by then but since its a gas station that part's open til 10 so I was able to pay at 5 and get it. It was a brake line.

I worked the desk again as I was supposed to. Which was good since I did not have my equipment with me. It was not as hectic today so I did get to answer the phone on my own and I did some checkouts so for the first time ever I handled cash and cards at a business. So that can go on my resume along with the actual answering of phones in a salon atmosphere.

There's two stories for the day.
1: We had a student absent and we were fully booked so I had to call her appointment to cancel it. I called the number and talked to a guy and told him. He said ok he's give the message. Just after the time came for that appointment the lady calls and says she's running late and on her way. I tell her I called and left the message and she says she didn't get it. She arrives and calls whatever guy she knows and they say they didn't get it. Mrs L comes over to help me out and as she's handling it I tell her that someone that was scheduled for a half hour ago hasn't showed yet so that student can probably take her and that's what happened. So I at least helped save that situation. The no show didn't come.

2.: The kids party that had at least 5-6 kids scheduled that I would have been a part of if not on desk ended up cancelling and that freed up a few students for some walk ins later in the day. But otherwise it helped slow things down.

According to my schedule I was given one of the regulars on Wednesday for a color. I looked at her history and she's been coming for retouches every few months so most likely I'll be doing a retouch. Her info is in the computer so I should be able to get her proper formula as long as we have it in stock. And I have Mrs D on Friday.

With the car issue I really didn't get to talk much about what happened yesterday with the haircut. I think the best thing for me to do with my haircutting is to just start cutting away on the manikins. I'd like to do that at school where I can get help and credit. However they recently started giving us assignments to do on the floor because too many people weren't doing anything. So that means instead of doing what I need to practise I'll be stuck doing some other thing first. Which I'm ok with in the sense that I'll need the credit for whatever it is and the practise. I really need haircutting practise and I need it on manikins. It doesn't help me to have instructors taking over because its a person. It never will. My hands have to do it. I mean I can carve out a perm with good sections without measuring with a rod. That helped me do foiling. When I get to actually practise something I am knocking the heck out of it. I need to get more manikins. They cost money and it bugs me to have to chop them to nothing but in order to practise short cuts I have to cut them short. I have to get over the whole cutting lots at a time thing too. I can't find my guide because I'm too focused on trimming barely anything all the time. Its like "Robert, some people actually want to have a bunch of hair on the floor" I'm not scissor happy but I'd settle for satisfied. I know I have the gift. I just have to open it up. I need to cut loose I guess. Its not a good feeling to mess up a haircut. Makes me feel like I'm cutting the dog again. I'm off tomorrow so maybe I'll give it a try at home. Or at least cut one longer to clean their layers up. I gotta do something. Getting a surprise guest for a cut on monday isn't the answer. I've got my work uncut out for me.

Love you all
Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment