Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 53 ~ 10 - 4 Good Buddies, Making Rainbows ~ 10/4/13

Day 53 ~ 10 - 4 Good Buddies, Making Rainbows ~ 10/4/13

I'm going to start off by reposting what I posted last night as a seperate entry in case anyone missed it then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cosmetology Journal ~ The Last Night Of Before ~
I already did today's entry.
This is basically one of my status update pondering posts.
This is the last night of the what ifs. The last night of I failed. The last night of the past. Its time to find out just how much passion I have. Its time to stop worrying. I know I can't do it all. But I can do all of what I can.
I know I have the 1:30 roller set with Mrs D. I know that there's time before that. I know that Saturday is coming. One way or another I will have a frying pan to fire moment very soon. I'd be lying if I said it didn't scare me. But I'm starting to want the challenge. If I'm overwhelmed then so be it. Gotta do what I can. I know I can. Its time to use those beautiful tools I was loving so much a few months back.
I'm as ready as I will ever be. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for today:
367 Hours
2 Guests so far

Today's Hair: I made a tail with 2 purple bands. Then I bunned it and put my purple hairsticks in. Then I put a spin pin aka hair scroo through the top. I wanted to make sure it was going to stay because I cannot be touching my hair out on the floor to fix it. It stayed and was not tight.

I took this picture last night of my Senior Student name tag since its official now.

Its Friday celebration day. I only had 99% attendance last week so I did not get a butterfly this week. But considering the flat tire reminder I had two days ago that showing up is not a guarantee I am more than satisfied with being there eveyday still. Besides the reason for being a tiny bit late last week was awesome and I wouldn't change it. I'd gladly do it again. Although I'd prefer to not have to play Footloose chicken with bull dozers and double trailer dump trucks. But I won.

I was a bit stunned by not getting that butterfly. But after sitting for a minute while they were actually dancing for the first time in a few weeks I got up and did some of whatever it was I did. Then as I was standing and watching a little kid dance the person who was at the desk today was handing out the client tickets. I got one and it said 9:30 - Shampoo & Thermal Style for Mrs S.

Ok backing up a bit, Last night I packed up a set of magnetic rollers to bring with me to A, have enough for today's roller set and B, exchange mine for the ones that came in my kit because mine have a rough texture versus the smooth plastic of the school kit. I want that texture to help grab the hair. And it was needed. So While we were dancing I still had 3 tote boxes on my station counter because I needed to put some back in the locker or something. I also had Deb with a full head of rods to put back in the locker. So there I was in scramble mode because the client was already there waiting and I had to change gears. If you read what I reposted then you know I expected this anyway. But still it was happening. However, although I was in a panic mode I still got focused and I composed myself as I was ready to go greet my guest.
I went to the lobby and spoke her name and greeted her. I asked if she'd been here before and she said yes. I nervously made my way through caping and then had Mrs J come over to get me on track. She said to brush her and then take her to the shampoo so I got my Denman out like we were taught and I'm about to start brushing when Mrs S asks if I'm going to brush her hair. I say yes because I'm supposed to. I didn't tell her but I'm telling you that its part of analyzing the hair. You brush the hair so you can check the hair and scalp for things. Without acting like you're examining the hair and scalp. But she was acting like she was annoyed by this. And I was being very careful with my sectioning and detangling so it was taking longer. Her hair was loose curls like waves at the time. She was there for a flat iron straightening. She said something to the guest next to her about This isn't gonna work or something. Then I got her to the shampoo and made my way through that. I was doing fine but because I was being careful it was taking longer. Plus I was doing 2 shampoos and then conditioner. But I got done and took her back to blow dry. I sectioned her for the blow drying and as I was about to start, and I was about to rock out with that thing (I don't remember if Mrs J was standing there already or if I had to go get her, or if she was behind me with the other student) Mrs S says, "This isn't going to work" and whether it was going and getting her or she was already there, Mrs J was brought into the conversation. Which led to Mrs S saying she wanted someone else because I was too slow, too new, too gentle. She asked if someone else could do it. Mrs J said there wasn't any other students. Note: I did not once tell her she was my first client. Nor did I mention my old school etc. So Mrs J started to blow dry her because Mrs S wanted to leave. Then she had me take over about halfway through. And I finished the blow dry. Then I went to get Mrs J to have her check and sign off. The office door was closed so I knocked and was let in. Then Mrs L the floor manager came back out with me and basically without asking if Mrs S still wanted to leave she started showing me how to do the flat ironing. As if she were doing a demo. And as she was doing it she was saying "Arc it like a rainbow" for each strand. She did the bottom portion of the right half and then had me finish the right up to the top. Then she came back and got the left side started and had me finish the left top. Then she came back and put the finishing touches on and gave a tiny trim. Then we three went to the desk and Mrs S paid and I got $2 tip. And then we went to the retail shelf to discuss some better products to try next time. Mrs S left happy and she'll be back again. I don't know who will have her next but we'll see. What was interesting was how Mrs S was acting like she was in a hurry yet she was there with someone and they weren't done yet. I don't want to bring race into this but it is possible that my book got judged by my cover. Mrs L, Mrs J, and I discussed it after like we do to learn what went right or wrong with something for all services and thats when Mrs L told me that's why she was saying Rainbow.
These instructors will have my back. They did not take over and do it all. I learned and did my job. I will make it. And even when the words came out that she wanted to leave I was just about unphased by it. I wasn't going anywhere. The whole time Mrs J was blow drying, even with the thought that she was going to leave I was just standing there smiling and knowing that I'll be fine.

I took my lunch at 12:30 so I could have the half hour after to prep for Mrs D to come for her roller set. I posted to FB "the story has begun but youll have to wait for the chapter till tonight. it was intetesting....."
Then I took a walk and listened to my Dare song. I didn't try handing out cards today. But I was in a good mood then. I mean I had what could be my hardest client already and she left smiling.

Came back and calmly prepped for Mrs D to come in. I was looking at the parking lot and saw a car pulling into the handicap spot and I guessed right that it was her since she has a rolling walker chair she uses. So I went out and waited to open the doors for her and greeted her as she approached. And she said it was a nice day. So we both went in and long story short we had a ball. I struggled with putting her 3ish inch hair on the blue rods without using papers and I probably would not have shared a picture of my rolling with you. But I got it rolled in time to get her under the dryer and she was done in time. And now that I know how that not as good one turned out ok I will be able to do it better next week because she is already rebooked for me. And I got another $2. And then while I cleaned up and did my trash can sani the dance music was playing so I was dancing on the inside.

Now comes the Busy Saturday. Fun times await. They have my back. What's to be afraid of? I'm going to make it. And my coworker buddy wants to come for a cut next week so that's already one for next week. I'm going to be there for it. If you're reading, thanks buddy, I'll get you all set :)

Thanks for reading and thank you all for getting me to this point. I hope we can all have some happy times to share if you are struggling.
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment