Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 55 ~ Barbertology ~ 10/7/13

Day 55 ~ Barbertology ~ 10/7/13
381 hours
5 guests so far

Posted to FB last night- "If you'd have told me the first haircut I was going to do on a guest was going to be a High & Tight I'd have said the chances were rare but possible. But as it turns out that is what is currently scheduled for 11 tomorrow. So unless they try to give me some other guest in that 9:30-11 opening this will be my first. But the knowledge that I have known my guest for about 3 years and that he's an awesome guy makes this well, awesome. Then I have a perm scheduled for 1 pm. Its got me concerned Time wise but otherwise I'm fairly excited. I want so much to get it done without any problems. Most importantly I want her to get a great perm and like it. I can settle for all other issues if the quality is there. But I'm saying this without my old fear. I guess I would call it slight nervous caution. I'm happy for this chance. I don't know if this person called in for a perm and was randomly given to me. Or if it's a regular I inherited from a grad. Or if its one of the cards I handed out bringing them in as a request. But its a chance. And I'm grateful for it."

Today's Hair: Pink bows on a tail. I'm in a time crunch and need to get myself out the door sooner in the morning so my styles may become a bit simpler or repeated. Being that it's October I may just do pink items and go from there.

Today was Monday on the Performance floor.
When I checked my appointments on the computer today to see if there was one before 11 I noticed that the 1 pm perm was missing so i asked about it. The other day when I booked my friend and then went back and double checked he was not on my listing. At that time the perm was. I got it straightened out to put him back in the 11 am slot. Today the perm was moved to someone else's slot so that we could all have a chance to have someone on the slower Monday. So I was kinda happy about that because while I would love to do the job, 1 PM is a bit scary for the amount of time. As it turns out I was able to at least observe what was done with that guest. It probably would have been a bit too soon for me.

That being said, I will let the words posted on my FB status by the guest himself tell the story of the 11 am.
https://www.facebook.com/PurpleBubba/posts/10151949288255799?comment_id=30883215

In other news, I walked the entire center on lunch just to walk. I had given my pocket cards to him so I had to wait to get home to make some more up. When I got home I took a walk to the corner and my card was accepted at a store. That's 35 now. I gave 2 cards during my weekend shopping.

I just made a friend on FB and will be booking her for next Wednesday. She seems like a great guest to help me learn.

I posted to my FB earlier today "i will never give up on this life, my life, again. love this too much
And that is where I stand right now heading into tomorrow's Mock / Practise State Board practical test.

Fun times ahead
Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment