Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 52 ~ 360 Comes Around Again ~ 10/3/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 52 ~ 360 Comes Around Again ~ 10/3/13

360 Hours
I am officially Legal again to do services on the public as long as its in the school supervised.

Today's Hair: Purple Velvet scrunchie tail

Classroom Day: Today was day 2 of Chemistry and Properties of Hair & Scalp.The first part of the day was theory on the disorders of the hair and scalp. But instead of reading from the book we did a group project. We split the cclass into 3 groups and each group had about 6 words to incorporate into a story or a song or something fun.
Here is the story that I mostly wrote for our group.
Cory looked in a mirror and was noticing her horrible, horrible trichoptilosis. So she calls a local salon to see if they can fix her split ends. "There's no cure but we can trim them and give you a deep conditioning treatment and we have an opening at 1 pm if you would like to come in?"
Cory enters the salon and the receptionist greets her. Cory says she is there to have her ends trimmed. The receptionist, noticing her abnormal amount of face and body hair, responds "All of them?" The receptionist had never seen such hypertrichosis before.
The inexperienced stylist startled by this as well takes Cory directly to the shampoo area and then puts a black cape on her. The manager looking over sees an excessive amount of white flakes of skin cells. She asks the stylist if she noticed the pityriasis during the consultation.
Upon closer analyzing the manager observes that it does appear to be dandruff caused by the fungus called malasezia. The manager then notices some dry, yellow like crusts of scutula and the odor common of tinea favosa.
Suddenly something crawls across her comb. The other stylist exclaims "Oh my you have lice!!!" The manager says, "That doesn't look like pediculosis capitis."
Cory says "Oh I'm sorry, I'm a werewolf. Those are fleas."

We had to present them in front of the class also so I got to read it. Remember when I had a hard time speaking in front of people? Yeah me neither.
Then we set up to learn the steps of a scalp massage, not the shampoo one but while they are in the styling chair. Then we watched one of the soon to graduate students demo it. Then we shampooed our manikins or partners to get ready. I used my Suzie manikin from home. After lunch I practised the movements for a while and then Mrs C said we could blow them dry and then style them or whatever. So I blew her dry and then with the little time left I was attempting to do spirals with my marcel. But when Mrs C showed us the spirals in workshop I didn't get a chance to try it because I was doing something else at the time. So I asked her to show me. Oddly enough she was having trouble remembering how to do them. But she got it figured out. But by then it was 2nd break time and after break we went over what we needed to get for doing our mock state board next Tuesday.

I am officially in the computer as legal and can have people request me for appointments and such. Mrs D is on my books for tomorrow at 1:30. But that leaves a few hours before then to have a different first guest. So I'll have to wait and see what happens. But its upon me. Time to go the distance.

Card Report: I offered twice at lunch and was turned down. After school I ent to see my other brother and while there I gave some of my cards to give to his coworkers or whomever. Then on the way home I stopped at the first CVS from the other day that I gave the first 2 cards at. But it was later in the day so a different lady was working and she accepted a card. I told her something like "come let me help you relax"
So I'm up to 32 now.

Tomorrow is dance day.......... one way or another
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment